• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Kansas is a much better comp than Iowa. They went 3-9, and they're attendance was 4k better than us, on average. Considering that includes home games against Texas, Ok State and TCU, I'd say attendance is NOT our issue. At all.

This is what happens when you suck for a few years, your attendance drops. Whether you're in the Big 12 or in the AAC. Whether you're USF or Boston College or Kansas, if you suck you're attendance will too.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Ha! nice work man!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Who's an authority on fan experience and student sections?

Apparently not the authors of the 100+ articles I posted of which none mention RJS as remotely exciting for students. Just like everyone here blindly refuses to belive UCF is being considered by the media ahead of us for going to the B12.

RJS is dead because we suck, and have for several years now. An OCS would be dead too.

Even the B1G teams that suck like Iowa still pack 70,000 in their stadiums, Maybe because theres not much else to do

Tradition and nothing else to do have a lot to do with it.  When I was in South Carolina, USC would pack the stadium even when they sucked (it would empty at half time though).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Apparently this guy ...

1018f09_crop_150x150.jpg?1344611164

Apparently not the authors of the 100+ articles I posted of which none mention RJS as remotely exciting for students. Just like everyone here blindly refuses to belive UCF is being considered by the media ahead of us for going to the B12.

I'm not sure that's even remotely true ....

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

. OK, Maybe a smidge less than everyone...

. OK, Maybe a smidge less than everyone...

I think it's just a smidge more than no one here ... Pretty hard to deny that they're the media darlings over us at this point in time and I've seen very few doing that.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

some potential good news, at least we are mentioned:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gkketch/status/622107649484533760

https://mobile.twitter.com/gkketch
Geoff Ketchum
Geoff Ketchum – â€@gkketch

Next @YSportsRadio: I've changed my tune on the Big 12's future after yesterday. Time to go to invest in Florida. http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/ 
17 Jul 2015

RJS is dead because we suck, and have for several years now. An OCS would be dead too.

Even the B1G teams that suck like Iowa still pack 70,000 in their stadiums, Maybe because theres not much else to do

1 - Iowa was a bowl team last year, so "suck" is hard to say.  Let's use Purdue.  They finished 3-9 last year, and their stadium seats 62,500.  They are also a public university with an enrollment of 38,000.  Purdue's last winning season was 2011.  So this is actually a decent comparison, despite the fact that Purdue has an OCS.

2 - Purdue played four out-of-conference games at home, one of which was Notre Dame. Let's set that aside. Here are their attendance numbers on the ESPN Box Scores for the other games (likely "tickets sold" numbers):

Western Michigan - 37,031

Central Michigan - 36,410

Southern Illinois - 31,434

3 - Their four conference games:

Iowa - 36,603

Michigan State - 40,217

Wisconsin - 35,068

Northwestern - 30,117

4 - For comparison, here are the ESPN reported numbers for USF. Again, I know these are not "butts in seats" - but neither are the Purdue numbers.

Maryland - 28,915

NC State - 27,269

U Conn - 28,723

ECU - 31,567

Houston - 29,782

UCF - 36,963

5 - Purdue averaged 35,268 in the seven games above.  USF averaged 30,536 in the six games.

Consider that Purdue has generations of fans... played against better opponents, who have fan bases that travel -- and can actually drive to Purdue (3-4 hours in most cases).

----------------------

For another comparison...  Virginia (21,000 students, OCS seats 61,500, last winning season 2011, 5-7 last year), averaged 39,320 in 7 home games last year.

How about a mid-major comparison ... Fresno State (23,000 students, OCS seats 41,000, last winning season 2013, 6-7 last year), averaged 34,876 in 6 homes games, which included a sell out against Nebraska

USF has five bad years and our paid attendance is on par with a bad B1G team... a bad ACC team... and a decent MWC team.

We'll be back to 40,000+ quickly with a winning record.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

some potential good news, at least we are mentioned:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gkketch/status/622107649484533760

https://mobile.twitter.com/gkketch

Geoff Ketchum

Geoff Ketchum – â€@gkketch

Next @YSportsRadio: I've changed my tune on the Big 12's future after yesterday. Time to go to invest in Florida. http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/listen/ 

17 Jul 2015

What happened yesterday?