• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to be

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

amazing how people can participate in this thread and STILL think that performance on the field is some sort of big factor that these conferences care about.

There are four main things that matter:

tv market

school size

AAU/academic standards

potential/recruitment areas/conference coverage/geographic fit for other sports

this is a calm period right now-- they are letting things shake out a bit from all the changes recently made. There will be more changes in the future. Anyone who says this is a "50 year decision" hasn't been paying attention. ABout two or three conferences in the entire country have had that type of stability-- one of them being the Ivy League.

I disagree to a point. While football W/L is not the top priority, it has an impact.

When USF has 16k in the stands and bad tv ratings, those make a difference, and the cause of those things is football w/l.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

MHver3 â€@MHver3 15 Oct
Just to remind people. The B12 can expand to 12 at ANY time and get the same per school they get now. Fix  told them that almost 2 years ago
Expand

I assume "Fix" was meant to be "Fox".

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I'm bored, here's some TV markets (didn't go much west and only stuff outside the "Power 5") of basically anyone left who may want to get lucky and move up someday:

(yes, I know some of these markets won't be totally captured by these teams, and some of these markets are already saturated with bigger state teams, but that's semantics for another post)

4. Philly - Temple

5. Dallas-Ft Worth (SMU-TCU)

10. Houston

13. Tampa-St Pete (USF)

19. Orlando-Daytona-Melbourne (UCF)

24. Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, some ECU fans say there is a large contingent there but probably wouldn't be counted towards their TV market)

30. Hartford-New Haven, CT (UCONN)

34. Cincinnati

37. San Antonio (UTSA)

38. WBP-Ft Pierce (northern ends of FAU territory, Miami-FTL is like #15 but is split with FIU and Miami obviously owns that coastline)

40. Birmingham (UAB)

43. Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA (lots of ECU fans claim the southeastern portion for their fanbase, not sure how accurate)

48. Memphis

53. New Orleans (Tulane)

60. Mobile-Pensacola (USA, or UWF one day?)

61. Tulsa

62. Ft Myers-Naples (FGCU)

65. Charleston-Huntington, WV (Marshall)

91. Colorado Springs-Pueblo (Air Force)

98. El Paso (UTEP)

112. Boise

123. Lafayette, LA (UL-L)

163. Biloxi-Gulfport (kinda USM territory)

167. Hattiesburg (USM)

Louisville is #50, btw.

Why do they group Orlando with Melbourne and Daytona? They are farther away than Tampa is to Orlando. I lived in the Melbourne area for over two years and nobody gave a rat's butt about UCF football and we did not get Orlando TV.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm bored, here's some TV markets (didn't go much west and only stuff outside the "Power 5") of basically anyone left who may want to get lucky and move up someday:

(yes, I know some of these markets won't be totally captured by these teams, and some of these markets are already saturated with bigger state teams, but that's semantics for another post)

4. Philly - Temple

10. Houston

13. Tampa-St Pete (USF)

24. Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, some ECU fans say there is a large contingent there but probably wouldn't be counted towards their TV market)

34. Cincinnati

37. San Antonio (UTSA)

38. WBP-Ft Pierce (northern ends of FAU territory, Miami-FTL is like #15 but is split with FIU and Miami obviously owns that coastline)

40. Birmingham (UAB)

43. Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA (lots of ECU fans claim the southeastern portion for their fanbase, not sure how accurate)

48. Memphis

53. New Orleans (Tulane)

61. Tulsa

98. El Paso (UTEP)

112. Boise

167. Hattiesburg (USM)

Louisville is #50, btw.

Why do they group Orlando with Melbourne and Daytona? They are farther away than Tampa is to Orlando. I lived in the Melbourne area for over two years and nobody gave a rat's butt about UCF football and we did not get Orlando TV.

1.  Melbourne and Daytona are closer to Orlando than Tampa is.

2.  I would assume these are TV markets.  Orlando TV stations reach Melbourne and Daytona, not Tampa.

• Upvote 1

4. Philly - Temple

10. Houston

13. Tampa-St Pete (USF)

34. Cincinnati

37. San Antonio (UTSA)

40. Birmingham (UAB)

48. Memphis

53. New Orleans (Tulane)

61. Tulsa

98. El Paso (UTEP)

112. Boise

167. Hattiesburg (USM)

Louisville is #50, btw.

1. Melbourne and Daytona are closer to Orlando than Tampa is.

2. I would assume these are TV markets. Orlando TV stations reach Melbourne and Daytona, not Tampa.

I could get to Orlando from my old Tampa apartment in a little over 50 minutes. It took me well over an hour from Melbourne. From downtown to downtown it is farther, but I am talking about city limits. I guess my point got lost in translation though. The radius of their viewer area was ridiculously big. UCF likes to state they have a huge market when the study overstates their market.

• Upvote 1

That study map also put orlando into the Tampa market and vice versa.

It won't let me paste the map on here but they just drew a circle with a radius of 75 miles and considered that a viewing area. Tampa, St Pete, and Clearwater get the same tv stations and probably support USF since they are very close. Not too many people care about UCF in Daytona or Brevard County.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I could get to Orlando from my old Tampa apartment in a little over 50 minutes. 

You drive a space shuttle?

Takes me 50 mins of speeding to get from New Tampa to Disney with 0 traffic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1