• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

OK thought...Does being the whipping boy with UCF in  the immediate future make any sense....on a big 12 invite..    The TV market..Rivalry...is in place   ....

Are we more likely to admitted to the Big 12 if we do not represent a serious threat of being conference champs or ruin Oklahoma's chance at a NC...

Could you translate that please?

Sorry...There is an existing structure --big 12 that has two openings...in our past we have been giant killers...Auburn, FSU etc...some things the home team did not expect..

The commmon thread on this blog has been the reluctance of big teams to schedule USF....to enhance our national standing...  In the past Oklahoma  has been a prominent team...

The question being this  We would be whipping boys right now with our existing 3-9 team history...

So the point i was convoluted getting to is  Do you think USF being weak right now enhances our chances  and  given with  our history as unexpected Giant killers could their be a certain ammount of reluctance.?

Kentucky in the SEC is like a scrimmage for the Alabama  and I would be surprised if they UPSET Alabama..USF is more of an unknown...

I was not aware that USF had made offers to big time teams only to be turned down. Do you know who we've attempted to schedule with that has been reluctant to sign on? Just curious.

How many games have we had with UF or FSU...Count them on one hand Auburn or other SEC schools....I am not priviledged to be in on the negociations. but I shure would place a bet that we have offered and been turned down...Boise Yes USF NO

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

IF FSU to B12 happens FSU gets full share day 1 and TCU and WVU goes full share. UT does not like this and feels FSU should pay their way in but would lose that vote.

If its USF/UCF they go prorated and TCU and WVU stays prorated.

Also Big 12 has money to gift a FSU and UM to leave ACC (supposedly around $60 mil available )

The Big 12 is giving away $60 million ($6 million per member) away without it being paid back?

I agree USF would not be added at a net loss. But, the Big 12's members accepting a net loss for other schools?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

I also wonder if FSU is to always consider climbing for another conference until it gets into the SEC or at least Big 10. Maybe a strong and fully stabilized ACC would satisfy Florida State University.

If so, would FSU want to lock itself up in the Big 12 through the Grant of Rights when it might be otherwise pursued by the SEC and Big 10 in just two or three years after joining the Big 12?

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I do know NBC guys who follow message boards.

No wonder NBC has become the worst network.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

20M per year for a conference when you have 0 programming and your competitor has a chance to match is absurd.

Might as well give your girl a $100 engagement ring.

Come strong, or don't come at all.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20M per year for a conference when you have 0 programming and your competitor has a chance to match is absurd.

It still hasn't dawned on you that NBC didn't really have any interest the new conference compared to other programming options?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What will they show during the fall? On a Saturday? Double Dutch competitions?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What will they show during the fall? On a Saturday? Double Dutch competitions?

I think they've been showing 1AA and Ivy League games

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The only group that looks stupider than NBC is the old BE. Turned down $1.515 BB

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The only group that looks stupider than NBC is the old BE. Turned down $1.515 BB

Not really... the teams responsible for turning that deal down are all in other conferences making vastly more money