• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

I think Florida State moves to the Big 12 or possibly even the Big 10, which will leave a giant hole in the ACC to fill and will probably be USF's to take based on geography and money potential.  Eventually the ACC will become what the Big East has become, a conference that the big boys pillage from.  It may be ten or twenty years but there will be only four big conferences (Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and the Pac 10).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

UC/UConn (and/or even Temple) to the C7 WITHOUT USF would be the worst of all scenarios and the one I've feared the most. Have to stay with them to remain on the radar for the next round of realignment; stay with the old BE minus the defections and w/o the dilutional invites. Just a temporary home until the next round, and it would be widely understood as being exactly that. Kind of what I've wanted all along. The more we tie ourselves to UH/SMU/UCF/Mem/Tul/ECU, the less likely we get out, in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

cmsnow24, I think a reconstituted ACC, made up of mostly former BE members, could be reasonably stable. There wouldn't be the intraregional poaching like what we've experienced. If another conference goes down, it could very well be the B12 once the GoR expires, Texas/OKla decide to move out (Pac?), and the other "haves" separate from the Iowa States and Baylors of the world. That's what can ultimately happen when you institute an unbalanced revenue system.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I know we have to take everything he says with a grain of salt, but this is interesting...UConn and Cincy don't want to leave us behind?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MHver3/status/291335000555667456?p=v

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I just don't see what's in it for Cincy and UConn to take us along for the ride. 

I mean, what would happen, we'd go out to the MWC, Cincy and UConn get the calls up and we are on an island by ourselves on the east coast? Who would our closest conference foe be in that scenario? Potentially Houston? Granted they are closer than UCONN or Cincy, but still...

Oh, and nevermind. I had not seen what someone responded to his tweet, UConn has already shot the idea down.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Mods, delete this if you'd like. 

Edited by BaltoBull

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

When is the world going to start dismissing what MH Von Nutjob says? He's like a conspiracy theorist trying to figure out why Space Shuttles cause earthquakes. Puhleeeze.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think Florida State moves to the Big 12 or possibly even the Big 10, which will leave a giant hole in the ACC to fill and will probably be USF's to take based on geography and money potential.  Eventually the ACC will become what the Big East has become, a conference that the big boys pillage from.  It may be ten or twenty years but there will be only four big conferences (Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, and the Pac 10).

The Big 10 ONLY takes AAU members. Nebraska lost theirs after joining the Big 10 and its been said since that they would have not been allowed in unless they were AAU members at admission.

-quote-

maybe they will give FSU AAU then revoke it. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

The Big 10 ONLY takes AAU members. Nebraska lost theirs after joining the Big 10 and its been said since that they would have not been allowed in unless they were AAU members at admission.

I think the Big Ten would have taken Nebraska either way.  Nebraska losing AAU was not a surprise, it was a decade in the making. 

“We have known we were at risk of this for 10 years, and successfully fought off a similar threat in 2000,†the university’s chancellor, Harvey Perlman, said

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

-quote-

maybe they will give FSU AAU then revoke it. 

Nebraska's was revoked because they changed the rules.  Its all about research and they don't count USDA funded research. Its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Its not like you qualify and are in, you have to be nominated by member institutions.

It still comes off somewhat as a good 'ol boys club with respect to the conference affiliations, but it may just be a bunch of academics who could care less about football. 

USDA funded research doesn't count? Helping to feed the world isn't scientific or noble enough persuit perhaps. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502

AAU = a bunch of propeller heads making up arbitrary rules for inclusion into their "exclusive" club.  Screw them too.