• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to the small group of fans… (From a Kanigit perspective)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  415
  • Days Won:  2

Gonna give you that upvote. It's not easy to support a team during a low period. I think what your administration needs to do is really bring in the students and spam the living hell out of the Tampa area next time the team is on a high period. I feel like y'all had a great 2 years in 16-17 but didn't get the fan support that should've gone with 2 years of a ranked team that legitimately competed for the conference. 

Edited by UCF_rustbucket
  • Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Gonna give you that upvote. It's not easy to support a team during a low period. I think what your administration needs to do is really bring in the students and spam the living hell out of the Tampa area next time the team is on a high period. I feel like y'all had a great 2 years in 16-17 but didn't get the fan support that should've gone with 2 years of a ranked team that legitimately competed for the conference. 

No offense, doesn’t UCF have a fair weather fan base?

1 minute ago, CycleBull said:

No offense, doesn’t UCF have a fair weather fan base?

100%. That's why I'm not judging based on attendance during this year. Because in 2015 we had nobody. I'm saying that when the good years come, and they will, you guys have to change your approach to build the core of non-fair weather fans. The bandwagoners will always exist but you need a solid core that will always be there. We've still had good attendance even though we're getting further and further from the 17-18 run. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

100%. That's why I'm not judging based on attendance during this year. Because in 2015 we had nobody. I'm saying that when the good years come, and they will, you guys have to change your approach to build the core of non-fair weather fans. The bandwagoners will always exist but you need a solid core that will always be there. We've still had good attendance even though we're getting further and further from the 17-18 run. 

Most USF and ucf fans are bandwagon fans. We don’t have the traditions, history or resources to be constantly good. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Most USF and ucf fans are bandwagon fans. We don’t have the traditions, history or resources to be constantly good. 

I can agree with that. Which is why I'm impressed with some fan bases like Iowa State. They've had great support even when they were historically bad before these recent years. 

But I'd also say the core UCF base is bigger than USF. I feel like our marketing and OCS also helps us pump up the bandwagon core a little easier than y'all.

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I can agree with that. Which is why I'm impressed with some fan bases like Iowa State. They've had great support even when they were historically bad before these recent years. 

But I'd also say the core UCF base is bigger than USF. I feel like our marketing and OCS also helps us pump up the bandwagon core a little easier than y'all.

What marketing specifically? National Champion? The Starring Kid? Embracing the bounce house? Being near the space coast? 

Edited by CycleBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

good lord-- do we really need to have some UCF fan hijack this thread?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

You also aren’t competing with the Bucs, Rays and Lightning for local sports fans $$$. Casual fans would rather spend their money on them, they actually win games. You also weren’t in a better conference then that conference implodes and you get left behind. Went from playing schools people knew to playing in this dumpster fire. When the Big East stopped having football, most of our fans stopped caring. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

You also aren’t competing with the Bucs, Rays and Lightning for local sports fans $$$. Casual fans would rather spend their money on them, they actually win games. You also weren’t in a better conference then that conference implodes and you get left behind. Went from playing schools people knew to playing in this dumpster fire. When the Big East stopped having football, most of our fans stopped caring. 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

What marketing specifically? National Champion? The Starring Kid? Embracing the bounce house? Being near the space coast? 

Little bit of all? Lol appealing to the younger generation by being active and obnoxious on multiple platforms.