• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to the small group of fans… (From a Kanigit perspective)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Little bit of all? Lol appealing to the younger generation by being active and obnoxious on multiple platforms. 

Obnoxious sums up every ucf fan I’ve ever met. I think they forgot they sucked for decades. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Obnoxious sums up every ucf fan I’ve ever met. I think they forgot they sucked for decades. 

Lol

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

You also aren’t competing with the Bucs, Rays and Lightning for local sports fans $$$. Casual fans would rather spend their money on them, they actually win games. You also weren’t in a better conference then that conference implodes and you get left behind. Went from playing schools people knew to playing in this dumpster fire. When the Big East stopped having football, most of our fans stopped caring. 

I never bought that argument.   Look at colleges in the middle of BFE, nowhere locations.  Do you think that all of the banjo playing, cousin humping, trailer park living rednecks that live in Tuscaloosa are showing up at Alabama games when most of their welfare checks are spent on cases of Natural Ice?   How about Penn State?  Nice little mountain town, but the city doubles in population for each home game.   People drive in from other cities to attend games at those small town colleges; it is not just the local residents.   Granted our student turnout is just terrible given that they get free tickets, but an on campus stadium would help in that department.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, MikeG said:

good lord-- do we really need to have some UCF fan hijack this thread?

It’s better than a liberal hijacking the thread IMO. It could definitely be worse Mike… Let’s go Brandon!

• Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

It’s better than a liberal hijacking the thread IMO. It could definitely be worse Mike… Let’s go Brandon!

Lol.  There was a let’s go Brandon chant in my section and some Bulls fan a few rows lower turned around and asked who’s Brandon and what’s his number 😂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Lol.  There was a let’s go Brandon chant in my section and some Bulls fan a few rows lower turned around and asked who’s Brandon and what’s his number 😂

That is truly shocking. I would expect that response from the sorority and fraternity crowds that are too busy trying to plow one another week in and week out to understand anything political - however the die hard USF fans that attend a game of this magnitude - I would expect them to be a little more knowledgeable as they are into sports in general. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Gonna give you that upvote. It's not easy to support a team during a low period. I think what your administration needs to do is really bring in the students and spam the living hell out of the Tampa area next time the team is on a high period. I feel like y'all had a great 2 years in 16-17 but didn't get the fan support that should've gone with 2 years of a ranked team that legitimately competed for the conference. 

Interesting to get input(actually positive) from someone from outside of USF population. You see the obvious that all of us see. It's no secret that USF has slid into the crapper in football. Fan's were great in the early days but now those fans are older fans. Most on TBP are diehard fans/alum that take pride in USF but are beyond tired of the product that has devolved. The younger crowd?? People in Tampa Bay area ??   I reserve my opinion which would lean to the negative. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

You also aren’t competing with the Bucs, Rays and Lightning for local sports fans $$$. Casual fans would rather spend their money on them, they actually win games. You also weren’t in a better conference then that conference implodes and you get left behind. Went from playing schools people knew to playing in this dumpster fire. When the Big East stopped having football, most of our fans stopped caring. 

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

I never bought that argument.   Look at colleges in the middle of BFE, nowhere locations.  Do you think that all of the banjo playing, cousin humping, trailer park living rednecks that live in Tuscaloosa are showing up at Alabama games when most of their welfare checks are spent on cases of Natural Ice?   How about Penn State?  Nice little mountain town, but the city doubles in population for each home game.   People drive in from other cities to attend games at those small town colleges; it is not just the local residents.   Granted our student turnout is just terrible given that they get free tickets, but an on campus stadium would help in that department.

Not sure which part of his argument you're disagreeing with but everything he said is dead on, IMO ... even adding that over and above the casual fan over there, corporate sponsors looking for places to place money don't have the choices we deal with over here.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/16/2021 at 6:57 PM, Rex Havoc said:

When the Big East stopped having football, most of our fans stopped caring. 

Pro sports competition shouldn't be an excuse. Were the "fans" we lost really fans?

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Pro sports competition shouldn't be an excuse. Were the "fans" we lost really fans?

Pro sports competition is a thing when you're trying to gather from casual fans.  To a casual fan with a limited budget, everything is on even level.  In a market like Tampa where throughout college football season (Sept-December) you have MLB, NFL, and NHL competing with South Florida its a tough split for some.