• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, UC student going to the game in November and just wanted to ask a few things

1. Good places to stay?

2. Good Cuban food?

3. Best beach?

4. Nightlife?  (I'm 21)

5. How is the tailgating and where do I park?

6. Flags allowed in?

Thanks

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

Hello, UC student going to the game in November and just wanted to ask a few things

1. Good places to stay?

2. Good Cuban food?

3. Best beach?

4. Nightlife?  (I'm 21)

5. How is the tailgating and where do I park?

6. Flags allowed in?

Thanks

For 1 I think we need a bit more information like how much do you want to spend a night, are you a member of any loyalty programs, how far from the stadium do you want to be and what is it care to be close to 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

For 1 I think we need a bit more information like how much do you want to spend a night, are you a member of any loyalty programs, how far from the stadium do you want to be and what is it care to be close to 

I would like to stay under like 150$ a night staying 2 nights, not a loyalty member, I've been to a Bengals game in Tampa younger and I know the area is very sketchy so I just want to be either near the campus or near the nightlife I guess.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2.) Columbia for upscale, just a sandwich Bodega in Seminole Heights is good. But really just any sandwich that uses roast pork instead of deli sliced pork

3.) St Pete area, Clearwater is too crowded and anywhere in Tampa the water will be...questionable

4.) Soho is filled with people your age bar hopping, Ybor is a more unique to Tampa nightlife experience

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome! 

You can stay downtown, where you're near the Riverwalk and can take a trolley to Ybor City, which has clubs and Cuban cuisine (Columbia Restaurant, e.g.). 

My favorite beach is St. Pete Beach because it isn't as busy.  There are also options to stay there up to Clearwater Beach.

Flags are OK, just not sure about poles.  You may want to check the Raymond James Stadium website on that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clifton_CatsBy90 said:

I would like to stay under like 150$ a night staying 2 nights, not a loyalty member, I've been to a Bengals game in Tampa younger and I know the area is very sketchy so I just want to be either near the campus or near the nightlife I guess.

The campus is nowhere near the stadium, do you want to go to campus for any particular reason or are you looking to be closer to the stadium?

Just now, puc86 said:

The campus is nowhere near the stadium, do you want to go to campus for any particular reason or are you looking to be closer to the stadium?

Just wanted to see the campus plus planned on visiting Busch Gardens, I fly in gameday morning the 12th and then fly back the 14th late at night.  So my plans is 12th: Bearcats game and nightlife  September 13th: Beach and Lightning game and going out after  September 14th: Busch Gardens and visiting the campus then fly back

Just wanted to see the campus plus planned on visiting Busch Gardens, I fly in gameday morning the 12th and then fly back the 14th late at night.  So my plans is 12th: Bearcats game and nightlife  September 13th: Beach and Lightning game and going out after  September 14th: Busch Gardens and visiting the campus then fly back

We have an Embassy Suites right on campus which helps to make it a nice area and the campus is right near Busch Gardens. There are some bars and clubs because of the student body but I wouldn’t consider it a real nightlife area to anyone not going to school there. There is also an Embassy Suites near Amalie arena which is a nice spot and there are some okay going out places there. Both of those locations would be above $200. The area you are looking to cover is kind of a triangle and would be 14 miles apart from various points. I think your best option is probably near the airport where you have quick access to 275 which will get you to the beach as well as the campus and arena (it’s also very close to the stadium) and there are more cheaper options. Busch gardens and campus  however will have you at your furthest point from the airport on the day you are leaving so I hope you have a later flight.

BB842400-9382-4074-864E-B9542617DC57.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

We have an Embassy Suites right on campus which helps to make it a nice area and the campus is right near Busch Gardens. There are some bars and clubs because of the student body but I wouldn’t consider it a real nightlife area to anyone not going to school there. There is also an Embassy Suites near Amalie arena which is a nice spot and there are some okay going out places there. Both of those locations would be above $200. The area you are looking to cover is kind of a triangle and would be 14 miles apart from various points. I think your best option is probably near the airport where you have quick access to 275 which will get you to the beach as well as the campus and arena (it’s also very close to the stadium) and there are more cheaper options. Busch gardens and campus  however will have you at your furthest point from the airport on the day you are leaving so I hope you have a later flight.

BB842400-9382-4074-864E-B9542617DC57.jpeg

Awesome this seems very helpful!  Yeah the flight back is like 8 or 9 I think

Awesome this seems very helpful!  Yeah the flight back is like 8 or 9 I think

Just keep an eye out on your flights and if it and the surrounding flights are filling up, most of my flights have been consolidating as of late and they tend to consolidate to the earlier flights so as people don’t miss their connecting flights. I think the soho option is the better option than Ybor for going out but you can go to ybor for filling your Cuban dining idea and get a feel for the place. Also there is a trolly you can take from the arena area to ybor and vice versa.

• Like 1