• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranking the 25 Greatest Games in USF football history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As the Bulls’ silver-anniversary season looms, we reflect on their most...

Son you have a voracious appetite for sporting news...And, a posting fool I might add.      Saw this one. First, it was nice to see us get some print play. Remembering the games was a heart tug. Luckily at a number of those games. USF has had a roller coaster ride for sure...Maybe we will get to relevance once again-Soon!                   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

First of all, I am NOT a fan of JK in relationship to his coverage of USF, but my God what a bunch of whiners. He actually wrote an article that's not denigrating USF in any way.

So if every day I kicked you in the nuts but then one day I didn’t kick you in the nuts would you be super grateful and thank me for simply not outright harming you or still be pissed about every other day that I did attack you for no reason? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So if every day I kicked you in the nuts but then one day I didn’t kick you in the nuts would you be super grateful and thank me for simply not outright harming you or still be pissed about every other day that I did attack you for no reason? 

Atlas Shrugged: Strawman Has a Point | Adam Lee

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Atlas Shrugged: Strawman Has a Point | Adam Lee

How do you figure? If you try to build your career being hostile to USF and it’s fans while covering their beat you can’t exactly be shocked that some of the fans will react negatively to anything that you write. It’s not that people have an issue with this article per-say, it’s that they have an issue with the author and he went out of his way to make it this way. For things to change it’s going to take a while. Until then what happened to him moving on from our coverage? I felt that  was better for everyone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How do you figure? If you try to build your career being hostile to USF and it’s fans while covering their beat

Strawman.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Strawman.png

His position is that people shouldn’t be taking issue with the article because it wasn’t directly inflammatory. It ignores the fact that the issue is with the author and not the article and does not exist in a vacuum. That is the straw man argument. Your use of it when I compared a history of actions by a person having more to do with opinions of a person than a singular act is a pretty reasonable comparison and if you do not see that it seems like you just posting memes you saw previously on the internet. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I would never expect any less of a comment, considering the source.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Strawman.png

So that's what those round bales of hay have been trying to say.....Interesting

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would never expect any less of a comment, considering the source.

It’s important to be consistent otherwise people may react negatively to something that isn’t in itself negative and then confuse the other readers 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Back to the article, I don't think anything will top the West Virginia game with a overflow packed house at RayJay.  A close second would be the road win vs. Auburn (our first really big signature win and nobody expected it).  As far as games that I have been to, the top game for me is the road win against UCF in Overtime after they had come back in dramatic fashion to tie it in regulation.  The crowd was insanely loud and totally obnoxious to us Bulls fans....until we beat them in OT.  Most satisfying finish to a game that I attended.  A roller coaster ride that ended in supreme satisfaction in the end.