• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB AAC Tourney Rd 2 Game Discussion: Bulls vs Wichita State (Mar 12) 12 pm TV: ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I watched the first half and the foul called on X on a 3pointer was BS. So many plays in a game can make a difference. 

It was garbage but when we suck we get no calls, we got 4-5 calls that screwed us, next year we get the calls 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It was garbage but when we suck we get no calls, we got 4-5 calls that screwed us, next year we get the calls 

So we’re going to be good next year? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

Sure 

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, GVLPalmettoBull said:

Sucks to see Cincy get by SMU too. Would have been a good matchup against them tomorrow. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Coulda Woulda Shoulda - our motto for this entire year.  Yes, we would have had a fighting chance against Cincy if we played like yesterday.

We played well enough to win, and yes we got some bad calls.  Again I don't mean to be mean and call out one player cause its a team sport.  But Collins continues to screw things up at the Point during crunch time.  Its so frustrating.  If he just makes a couple of good decisions in those last couple of minutes, OR can make freaking free throws, we win the game, plain and simple.

Only silver lining from yesterday, UCF got knocked out too at least.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Coulda Woulda Shoulda - our motto for this entire year.  Yes, we would have had a fighting chance against Cincy if we played like yesterday.

We played well enough to win, and yes we got some bad calls.  Again I don't mean to be mean and call out one player cause its a team sport.  But Collins continues to screw things up at the Point during crunch time.  Its so frustrating.  If he just makes a couple of good decisions in those last couple of minutes, OR can make freaking free throws, we win the game, plain and simple.

His last 4 drives to the basket resulted in a blocked shot, blocked shot, wild shot off the backboard that didn't catch rim and an offensive foul. We all knew that was the only play call Gregory has for the last 3 minutes of games, Wichita State knew it too. Everyone knew it.

Blame it on Collins if you want - they guy is a flawed player - but the decision to continually put the ball in his hands late in games is Gregory's decision. For everything Gregory has done for the program, its probably best for everyone to move on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I thought Durr was awesome for the most part. He's not perfect but should be a real force next year ...... and agree about Collins. Love what he did by coming here but I think the cons outweigh the pros with his play at this point and hope like hell that CBG doesn't have him as an option next year. X, CM, Chaplin, the new guy Moss should be a good guard stable next year.

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I thought Durr was awesome for the most part. He's not perfect but should be a real force next year ...... and agree about Collins. Love what he did by coming here but I think the cons outweigh the pros with his play at this point and hope like hell that CBG doesn't have him as an option next year. X, CM, Chaplin, the new guy Moss should be a good guard stable next year.

Exactly....There are 4 other guys on the floor, I don't understand why he continues to try take it all on by himself by driving to the basket on his own.  Kick it out to an open player or at least try to get it into somebody else's hands, our shooting was pretty good yesterday.

I don't know if he comes back or not, but I really like the guys that you mentioned as better options at Point, and Durr with another year of development could be really good next year.  If Yetna decides to come back and is healthier, then all the better, we could be pretty **** good next year.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Totally agree about Durr - he has shown the ability to play with his back to the basket from either block, and if he can knock down that 15 to 18 footer he has a shot to play at the next level.

Guest Jonesy Bull
45 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

His last 4 drives to the basket resulted in a blocked shot, blocked shot, wild shot off the backboard that didn't catch rim and an offensive foul. We all knew that was the only play call Gregory has for the last 3 minutes of games, Wichita State knew it too. Everyone knew it.

Blame it on Collins if you want - they guy is a flawed player - but the decision to continually put the ball in his hands late in games is Gregory's decision. For everything Gregory has done for the program, its probably best for everyone to move on.

I'm not going to blame Gregory for this loss.  Actually I thought he had a pretty good game plan.  How do you know that was the Coach's play call, were you in the huddle?

No, I believe it was more bad decision making on the court.  Hey I'm sure its not easy to be a Player, you have to make split decisions in the heat of the moment.  We just continue to repeat that unfortunately.......On to next year!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm not going to blame Gregory for this loss.  Actually I thought he had a pretty good game plan.  How do you know that was the Coach's play call, were you in the huddle?

No, I believe it was more bad decision making on the court.  Hey I'm sure its not easy to be a Player, you have to make split decisions in the heat of the moment.  We just continue to repeat that unfortunately.......On to next year!

This had Gregory's fingerprints all over it again. The stalled offense, Collins to the basket one-on-three. In the last 3 years we have blown 20 second-half leads (this was #21), so in this game Gregory doesn't pull him out (if Collins indeed was growing rogue) or he went back to the one-play playbook he has late in games. If you watch the replay, you will see its the later. Everyone spreads the floor, Collins comes to the ball and everyone spreads out. Its a designed play.

This is on Gregory. He routinely gets away from what work the first 30-35 minutes of games and we wind up coughing up the game instead.