• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Game Discussion: Bulls vs. Houston (Feb 10) 7pm TV: ESPNU

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

image.png

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Dave Glaser said:

So they finish the night talking about how Houston isn’t that good - after we just saw a clinic for 30 minutes. Before they went to the bench they were on pace to score 90+

Tulane, I think

Yes you are correct 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes you are correct 

Kinda sad but I was good with the outcome.  Caleb is going to be spectacular, Durr has developed nicely and played awesome.  Collins is steady and had a good game.  The other bigs are developing and getting better.  Williams hit a couple big shots and is a good role player, JB was non existent, great perimeter shot but can’t create.  It appears Yetna may never get back to his former self which is the difference between a great team and a decent team.  Either way it would be nice to get back to the dance and make some noise, maybe next year. 

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Kinda sad but I was good with the outcome.  Caleb is going to be spectacular, Durr has developed nicely and played awesome.  Collins is steady and had a good game.  The other bigs are developing and getting better.  Williams hit a couple big shots and is a good role player, JB was non existent, great perimeter shot but can’t create.  It appears Yetna may never get back to his former self which is the difference between a great team and a decent team.  Either way it would be nice to get back to the dance and make some noise, maybe next year. 

Even at our best we are not beating those guys. They won’t lay an egg like at ECU. Just move on and beat Tulane. 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Even at our best we are not beating those guys. They won’t lay an egg like at ECU. Just move on and beat Tulane. 

Agreed, we were at our best in the first half and still down 8, the ugly guy with the bad braids and the short shorts was the best guy on the floor, dude has game and they are a sweet 16 and a possible final 4 f they don’t experience a dry spurt.  I will root for them in the tourney.

Just now, Friscobull said:

Agreed, we were at our best in the first half and still down 8, the ugly guy with the bad braids and the short shorts was the best guy on the floor, dude has game and they are a sweet 16 and a possible final 4 f they don’t experience a dry spurt.  I will root for them in the tourney.

Same, they will be the team I’ll watch. Each win they get is more $ for us so what the hell. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

14 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

So they finish the night talking about how Houston isn’t that good - after we just saw a clinic for 30 minutes. Before they went to the bench they were on pace to score 90+

Their top 4 starters averaged 32 minutes of playing time. I think he tried to go to the bench at around the 10 minute mark, with a 24 pt lead, but we whittled it down to 17 in the next 3 minutes, and the starters came back in and played pretty much the whole rest of the game ..... and we played them pretty even. 

Actually fared a little better than I expected, especially with Lex with only 6 pts and 3 rb. Looked out there at one point in the first half and saw we had Prince, Tchewa and Akec on the court at the same time and thought this could get really really ugly.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 2/10/2021 at 7:00 PM, Friscobull said:

OMG kids got sick? Making excuses before the game starts?  Where is Brybull when we need him? (can’t believe I said that).  Shut up and play ball, kids are rested, legs are fresh so suck it up and make it a game.  

Sheesh Frisco - Let it go!  That horse has been dead for a long time, so there is no reason to keep beating the poor guy.

We get it (everybody get it), you think this Virus is either one big hoax, is totally being overblown, or you just don't care because it has disrupted your life.....guess what dude, it has disrupted ALL of our lives.  We are all sick of it.  But you don't hear us complain or take a jab ever chance we get. 

Bottom line, it is a real thing.  People catch it, they get sick, they have to quarantine so that they don't spread it.  And unfortunately a small portion of those people die.

There is no real cure for this thing, so we have to do what we have to do.  Luckily a Vaccine is here and a light at the end of the tunnel.  This college sports season is pretty much F'd.  Get over it and just deal with it. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, had other things going on.

But its nice to see the guys back playing again.  From the comments on the thread, it sounds like we did better than expected at least for a good portion of the game until Houston pulled away late.  

This is a good sign, Houston is legit and sounds like they were pretty much on top of their game, and we hung with them.  Hopefully they can continue to play get the young and returning guys more experience playing together for next year,               

16 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Sheesh Frisco - Let it go!  That horse has been dead for a long time, so there is no reason to keep beating the poor guy.

We get it (everybody get it), you think this Virus is either one big hoax, is totally being overblown, or you just don't care because it has disrupted your life.....guess what dude, it has disrupted ALL of our lives.  We are all sick of it.  But you don't hear us complain or take a jab ever chance we get. 

Bottom line, it is a real thing.  People catch it, they get sick, they have to quarantine so that they don't spread it.  And unfortunately a small portion of those people die.

There is no real cure for this thing, so we have to do what we have to do.  Luckily a Vaccine is here and a light at the end of the tunnel.  This college sports season is pretty much F'd.  Get over it and just deal with it. 

Jonesy with his panties all bunched up, I was taking a jab at the excuses prior to playing the game not as much the Rona.  We were down by 28 at one point but it was a moral victory.  Houston is for real and we are not no matter the layoff, maybe next year though, or more than likely probably not.  I will deal with it however the **** I chose so keep your advice to yourself.