• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KJ Sails declares for NFL draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Triple B said:

Questioning, only in that I'd never really heard of this being a widespread position put forth by most athletes ....

I think it is widespread that many pro players feel that they played for nothing and the University made millions on their backs hence the reason they want pay in college, this animosity carry’s over and a reason most don’t give money back to their alma mater to support this inequity.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I think it is widespread that many pro players feel that they played for nothing and the University made millions on their backs hence the reason they want pay in college, this animosity carry’s over and a reason most don’t give money back to their alma mater to support this inequity.

I don’t believe that is wise spread and I haven’t seen anything stayed publicly. There is plenty about Athletes feeling exploited. But most of that is directed at the NCAA, as the schools are just following protocol. Most school would pay their athletes if they could. Some do it anyway. Can’t find one statement from a pro athlete refusing to give back on that basis. At least google doesn’t know about it. Money management and lack of connection to the school are the bigger issue. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I think that is chicken **** if an athlete feels that...or perhaps another way of saying it is that they are cheap ungrateful mother ******* if they feel that way. 

• Downvote 1

Again I want to point out that I don't have a problem with him not giving back. The discussion started over the term "heart and soul", I just feel like if the heart and soul of USF made that in a pro career, we would see the contributions back. 

I like him, I'm glad he came, I believe he likes us and is glad he came. There's just another level when it comes to heart and soul. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Wasn't Hall a 2 year guy? I was just following USF around that time.

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, I believe that is correct. 

seems to correct, he was before my time as well, but was a name I have seen some of the OG's say good things about. I saw he was the schools leading rusher for over a decade so I figured that had a big impact. I guess in the grand scheme of things there's really no way of knowing how these player feel unless they say something. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think that is chicken **** if an athlete feels that...or perhaps another way of saying it is that they are cheap ungrateful mother ******* if they feel that way. 

IF ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

IF ....

Many?

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Many?

Don't know ..... I can understand if some feel that way, have to think some would, even if I don't really agree with it but not sure how widespread it is.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Hampton is leaving too. :(

OT political stuff moved here ....