• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WR Fisher Arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

Failing to pay child support is nothing like defaulting on a car loan or something.  These are your kids and their mother needs money to feed and dress them, etc.  Not sure where a kid in school can come up with that much jack unless he's got a relative willing to chip in.  But for the grace of God go I.  I often cringe when I think about stupid decicions I made in my school days which could have affected my entire life.

I'm sure we've all heard the story about the guy who gleefully showed up at the lottery office to claim his $25,000 winnings.  He eagerly fills out the paperwork and gives it and the ticket to the clerk.  After a few minutes the clerk returns, "Thank you Mr. Smith.  We checked our database and per Florida law we've applied your winnings toward your unpaid child support. Good day.

"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

which by the way is a football player, and we spend no more than $250 a month on groceries.

Its not personal but come on FEMALE, if you are gonna exaggerate make it believable.  Unless you are eating cereal and Mac n cheese daily I will except this as a gross under estimation.  BTW, I do the grocery shopping for my household of 5.  I know what groceries cost.

If Coach Leavitt knew one of his players was eating like this I believe he'd be upset.  'Nother thought, doesn't your live in f'baller get a stypian for food and board?  You know that room n board scholarship thing he has.  As a former football player myself I was eating 4 full meals a day at 17 to gain weight to put any poundage on my 6-1, 208 17 yo frame.  And yes they were quality meals, not steaks, but paid for by...yes you guessed it, DAD.

Discussing needs vs. wants is a whole different story when you are talking about someone that you love (his mother) and providing things they want.  Maybe you do come from an impoverished background and are somewhat more understanding of want vs need.  I do know what it is to have $20 bucks in my pocket to eat for a week.  I have drove to work on gas fumes for 2 days while eating campbell's soup and tuna from 3 cans for 3 days straight.  I to was an engineering student that worked two jobs to complete my degree.  We all have student sob stories.  This is a college MB.

Anyway, my spouse & I have gone round & round about such issues of want vs need but children do not just have needs.  They also have wants that need to be fulfilled sometimes just to maintain some peer self esteem.   Again, are you saying only the mother should be responsible for this thing?

About the divorcee, sounds like he got the short end of the stick or had a loosy lawyer.  This happened to a Dr. (USF grad) I know of whose wife cheated on him with a cop, left him and she walked away w/$250000-$350000 cash, child support & alimony.  Maybe it does pay to have a v****a.

On the flip side of this I know of a woman who has a 15 y.o.  She allows her ex to pay $200/month while he has a new F150, a Harley & 'Vette in the garage.  He calls in sick or says he needs to work overtime on the two weekends a month (4 days out of 30) and never makes up this time or offers extra cash.  He never pays for shoes or school clothes or sports fees for the child (The boy plays baseball - another want vs need issue).  She doesn't wanna make waves with the exhusband but she's screwing her son out of $ he deserves.  If anything that $ could be put in a college fund.  I understand the boy is quite sharp upstairs.

As for judging Brian, if you don't want to see that type of thing stay away from MB's 'cuz thats kinda what goes on here.  I personally haven't put a judgement of BF and most of the people here only are saying he needs to pay the support before he plays or that the university should of assisted.

In 17-18 yrs from now most of us won't even remember Brian unless he wins a Heisman (unlikely) but do you think Brian will be watching his children graduate from HS or sitting in a hospital waiting for one of his grandchildren be born out of wedlock?  I hope not the latter 'cuz w/o fathers' being responsible that's an unstoppable cycle.  A father is important for all children even if the mothers fail to think so.  Again, just more useless BS from my think bean.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

bulldoug-that eviction for 150.oo is before court of appeal i believe