• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Sills Dismissed from BBALL team!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

That one extra schollie could be big for us next year since we already have a good class in the making, and that gives it potential to be even better.

Maybe CRM already has someone in mind for the schollie.  Not a bad thought.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901

I think what Sheriff is saying is that if Seth recruited this kid and it happened you guys would be saying, "**** it Seth wasted his time by recruiting a kid he knew had discipline problems and look what happened. Fire him."

Seth did that and no one suggested firing Seth for that reason - Seth should have been fired for squandering the talent he was able to cultivate from kids with discipline problems - afterall, he had plenty of them.

Sheriff has a daddy in this fight - his commentary is read with that advisement.

It's simple...kid no wanna play by rules, kid no play at all.

I'm fine with that.  Lack of discipline will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as we saw against Marquette on national TV.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe CRM already has someone in mind for the schollie.  Not a bad thought.

We can hope anyway :)

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

RM has been trying to recruit for the Big East since late 2002. We can only hope he finally has his act together and can start recruiting kids who can play at this level.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Well... do I add my two cents... or just continue to look at my keyboard in disgust while I think about the list of players that have departed our fine institution for behavioral problems. Hey RMC... instead of forcing them out, teach them and keep them... detrimental in one's eyes might be taken out of context if the coach has lost what reality is with today's generation. Help them... don't kick them to the curve and make them society's problem. You recruited them on the school's dime... make it work and don't give up so easily saying they couldn't conform to the team's high standards.

This **** never ceases to amaze me. We may have had a bad boy team in the past under the "loose reigns" of Seth, but at least by having those "bad apples" making it to their senior year, it afforded them the opportunity overseas to play ball and to grow up. I'm still pretty immature at 30... those guys just need time to grow. For those of you that throw stones at glass houses, not all of us have walked a straight line between 18-24.  It's sad to throw another kid out on his ass... but this is a team solely recruited by RMC. And if you don't think that this won't make waves with the other players... Sills I'm pretty confident to say has one or two close friends on the team that will side with him. Let the train wreck begin...

Please Melvin Buckley... be our two year savior (ala Steve Francis for Maryland turning that program around so by year three when he left they were in position to win a National title).

With all due respect, Sheriff, this is a load of crap.  

How hard is is to follow the rules?  In order to function in society, you have to follow rules all the time.  If this kid is too immature to respect authority and follow the rules required for his participation on the team, then he needs to be given the boot.  He will be better off in the long run.  

The problem is that too many kids like this have been spoiled because they are athletes.  Everyone kisses their butts and tells them how great they are and that the rules don't apply to them.  It is a priveledge to get a free education and play sports to represent your school, not an entitlement.

'Today's generation' doesn't need special treatment, they need a kick in the butt.  

I applaud Coach Mac for standing up for what is right.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How hard is is to follow the rules?  In order to function in society, you have to follow rules all the time.

You're asking Sheriff this?   ???  ???

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no one cares if you are a hypocrite if you win

rmc better win

Guest Harvey Jones

I told you guy's Sillis would never play a game for USF...I got bashed and that is fine.  RMC has wasted a lot of money recruiting kids who haven't even played a game for USF.

Waters - Point guard of the future I believe was the quote.

Mobley - Great signing

Sills - Five High Schools and three JC's why would he become stable at USF.....CRM is a joke.

This team won't win 2 games in the Big East.  Year three he we come.  His only saving grace is that Woolard and him are best of buddies.

Mark it down Caan will end up leaving going to JC and will end up at a Georgia State.

Don't we have an assistant from NYC on staff?  Is Sills the best he can do?

Seth had a bunch of knuckleheads and in 7 years he only had one losing season...his first.

Kudos to CJL huge win.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

And yet with only having one losing season, we accomplished more last year than during those entire 7 years... hmm.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

And yet with only having one losing season, we accomplished more last year than during those entire 7 years... hmm.

You are delusional. A couple of Sportscenter clips versus packed Sun Dome crowds, GreenbergOpolis, Dicky V, need I go on? Coach MAC has done nothing to put USF on the map. I'm still waiting for the great enlightenment.

Maybe you call 1000 fans per game an accomplishment, but I don't.