• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the AAC Medical Experts Differ from the PAC and Big10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Try to find a testing site if you can. Outside of that stay safe for 7 to 10 days.  Most symptoms show in 3 - 7 days. You could be totally asymptomatic but usually someone shows a little something. And then wear a mask when you visit.  If they aren't in an asst living type place you should be good.  

No they live at home (although they should probably have at least a live in since they like to fall down the basement stairs). I was concerned a bit about the flight (Not for myself because I have flown) but some recent studies have put he risk as small for flight transmission (it has to do with the way new planes cycle air and makes assumptions on lack of movement, do not pick the aisle and you are safest at the window). I was thinking we should live the strict advised lifestyle for 2 weeks which if it’s important enough to make the visit should be important enough to make the sacrifices necessary. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

It is a stressful time, for sure.  I find more peace reading thoughts, opinions and stories here than I do on national social media apps where people are just horrible for the sake of being horrible - with or without COVID or riots.  They're just that way.  

See when I read the stuff on here it makes me think of how many people are just worried about themselves and don't consider the greater good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No they live at home (although they should probably have at least a live in since they like to fall down the basement stairs). I was concerned a bit about the flight (Not for myself because I have flown) but some recent studies have put he risk as small for flight transmission (it has to do with the way new planes cycle air and makes assumptions on lack of movement, do not pick the aisle and you are safest at the window). I was thinking we should live the strict advised lifestyle for 2 weeks which if it’s important enough to make the visit should be important enough to make the sacrifices necessary. 

Saw that article about planes as well.  I've got nowhere to go so won't be on one any time soon.  But a friend has been flying every week for work and, so far, he's stayed healthy. But we won't visit with him.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Will just give one possible example.  Should a player get it and he has a girlfriend who is a server at a restaurant.  Increased risk to vulnerable population that have gone out.  And here we go.  So your reply is stay the hell home and don't go out to dinner if you're over 60.  Then I say. Wear a freakin mask so you don't spread it.  And then you say........  Again. I'll check back on Monday or Tuesday.  This just goes round and round. 

Controls...you are assuming there are no controls with the various variables in play here...but yeah, this method of thinking goes round and round...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, CousinRicky said:

See when I read the stuff on here it makes me think of how many people are just worried about themselves and don't consider the greater good.

Wow.  I don't see it that way.  

It's common sense.  In visiting my father in the last 7 years of his life I had to be very concerned about his health and mine when visiting/caring for him.  

That didn't mean for the rest of the year I locked myself in a room.  

It's scary if you think too much about it.  People at risk (including myself) have the burden of taking care of themselves, not the 21 year olds.

I think its framed the wrong way.  To me the greater good is we find a way to live normally and not watch society devolve before our very eyes.  But that's probably for another board.

I think moving forward with football is good.  They are taking precautions to limit illness/exposure.  USF will have a case sooner or later, but they are teaching the student-athletes responsibility...but it only takes one... and no amount of lecturing can stop that one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Will just give one possible example.  Should a player get it and he has a girlfriend who is a server at a restaurant.  Increased risk to vulnerable population that have gone out.  And here we go.  So your reply is stay the hell home and don't go out to dinner if you're over 60.  Then I say. Wear a freakin mask so you don't spread it.  And then you say........  Again. I'll check back on Monday or Tuesday.  This just goes round and round. 

I think people need to do a better job of compromise on both sides (probably because I am biased and it is the way I have been living). If a place has mask expectations I wear a mask no questions asked (and I do not mind it), if it does not I have gone sans mask (people that are afraid should avoid these places on not try to bother them), if a place is mixed I error to the side of mask. Masks are a fair request and I wish the focus was always on them instead of trying to shut things down (I think this creates push back and the argument that if you are too concerned to go to these things why not try to avoid them). 

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Saw that article about planes as well.  I've got nowhere to go so won't be on one any time soon.  But a friend has been flying every week for work and, so far, he's stayed healthy. But we won't visit with him.

I found it interesting and it flies in the face of what was believed to be common sense and had flights placed at a 9 out of 10 on danger levels being stated by doctors but when scrutinized proves to be entirely not true. 

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Wow.  I don't see it that way.  

It's common sense.  In visiting my father in the last 7 years of his life I had to be very concerned about his health and mine when visiting/caring for him.  

That didn't mean for the rest of the year I locked myself in a room.  

It's scary if you think too much about it.  People at risk (including myself) have the burden of taking care of themselves, not the 21 year olds.

I think its framed the wrong way.  To me the greater good is we find a way to live normally and not watch society devolve before our very eyes.  But that's probably for another board.

I think moving forward with football is good.  They are taking precautions to limit illness/exposure.  USF will have a case sooner or later, but they are teaching the student-athletes responsibility...but it only takes one... and no amount of lecturing can stop that one.

This is my take and I do not see how the middle ground and individualized risk mitigation gets to be framed as the selfish position. If you are completely uncompromising in the approach taken by people with completely different situations that seems to be the selfish position to me.