• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Put some money where your mouth is . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am good with that as well...

Temple had legendary coaches in Pop Warner and Bruce Arians .... UConn has Skip and Randy Edsall.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Temple had legendary coaches in Pop Warner and Bruce Arians .... UConn has Skip and Randy Edsall.

They have been legendary but out side of that first Sugar Bowl game in the 1939s they were considered a laughing stock. I lived in Philly in the early and mid1990s that program was the worst in the nation. Yet, they put it together and started to win under Al Golden and have been better than us since. They also have a football mission/culture now (based on the Temple Strong motto and awarding players with single fidget numbers) and it continues no matter what coach comes in (and they always have turnover). USF? Hey wasn’t that school that one a few big games but disappeared off the face of the earth? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

So I make a post urging you all to give to the current campaign and it turns into a thread about the relative value of USF sports and the failures of its athletic administration. Don’t complicate things. If you can afford to give a few bucks and haven’t done so already, go ahead and do it and invest in the FUTURE of the program. The Bullspen: Moaners Unite! I think we have us a new slogan.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So I make a post urging you all to give to the current campaign and it turns into a thread about the relative value of USF sports and the failures of its athletic administration. Don’t complicate things. If you can afford to give a few bucks and haven’t done so already, go ahead and do it and invest in the FUTURE of the program. The Bullspen: Moaners Unite! I think we have us a new slogan.

Sorry that was my bad. I responded to BullsOnParade. Should have stayed off that. You are correct $ are the most important thing at this point. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry that was my bad. I responded to BullsOnParade. Should have stayed off that. You are correct $ are the most important thing at this point. 

No sweat, buddy. I just think it’s time for us to change our approach. We can moan and groan about what’s gone wrong or we can do something to change the trajectory. I think Brian Gregory, Jose Fernandez and Jeff Scott give us a chance to get things rolling and we can help them do that. Those three guys - in particular - deserve the best opportunity we can give them to succeed.

You don’t have to look any further than the academic side to see what can happen with the right support and goals. How many of you thought you’d see USF rank as one of the top 50 public universities in the country, or reach a preeminence footing equal to that of UF and FSU? Phi Beta Kappa? I could go on. It can happen on the athletics side, too, but not if we’re so focused on what has gone wrong and not so much on the possibilities that are there.

Unlike many schools that don’t have the resources, geography, etc. to really get there, USF has those things. It’s only a matter of time and you can either be part of helping us get there or bemoan why we’re not already there. I’ve decided to help my alma mater. I’ve already made a multi-year pledge on the academic side, and have plans to do the same for athletics. I realize that not everyone is in a position financially to do that, but you do what you can to be part and we all celebrate when USF reaches its milestones.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No sweat, buddy. I just think it’s time for us to change our approach. We can moan and groan about what’s gone wrong or we can do something to change the trajectory. I think Brian Gregory, Jose Fernandez and Jeff Scott give us a chance to get things rolling and we can help them do that. Those three guys - in particular - deserve the best opportunity we can give them to succeed.

You don’t have to look any further than the academic side to see what can happen with the right support and goals. How many of you thought you’d see USF rank as one of the top 50 public universities in the country, or reach a preeminence footing equal to that of UF and FSU? Phi Beta Kappa? I could go on. It can happen on the athletics side, too, but not if we’re so focused on what has gone wrong and not so much on the possibilities that are there.

Unlike many schools that don’t have the resources, geography, etc. to really get there, USF has those things. It’s only a matter of time and you can either be part of helping us get there or bemoan why we’re not already there. I’ve decided to help my alma mater. I’ve already made a multi-year pledge on the academic side, and have plans to do the same for athletics. I realize that not everyone is in a position financially to do that, but you do what you can to be part and we all celebrate when USF reaches its milestones.

With a new child on the way likely not going to any games this season if we have one...thanks for bring this fundraiser to our attention. 

I gave some to the cause....I feel like USF athletics can be really good with the right people and I think Kelly, Scott and Gregory  are a great start and I think we will see good things in the future.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1