• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now that we have time b4 next game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Why not give C4 all reps at QB in practice?  The guy has had time there already, now he's got two weeks to prepare for Rutgers.  If he makes any strides at all, he'll just be that much better week after week.

Just a thought?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Why not give C4 all reps at QB in practice?  The guy has had time there already, now he's got two weeks to prepare for Rutgers.  If he makes any strides at all, he'll just be that much better week after week.

Just a thought?

I wonder if C4 will be "ready" anytime this year?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i would give him and grothe all the reps

winner is qb

screw grothe's redshirt

this is bigtime

the rutgers game is vital and if grothe gives us a chance to win.it is no brainer

i would give him and grothe all the reps

winner is qb

screw grothe's redshirt

this is bigtime

the rutgers game is vital and if grothe gives us a chance to win.it is no brainer

I agree!  We aren't going to win this year without a QB.  People say it's not all his fault (VERY TRUE) but you take the 10 passes per game that are being thrown at WR's feet or over the heads, make half of them completions and we are very likely 5-1 (2-0) right now.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Definitely gives us more time to work on a few plays that haven't been seen!

Guest S.  Bien

I agree!  We aren't going to win this year without a QB.  People say it's not all his fault (VERY TRUE) but you take the 10 passes per game that are being thrown at WR's feet or over the heads, make half of them completions and we are very likely 5-1 (2-0) right now.

Or you take the five that are dropped each game and we're like 4-2 right now.  PJ hasn't missed 10 passes a game, that doesn't even jive with the stats, and typically PJ is spot on in the first half of many games when things are going good and he isn't forced to do everything.  His erratic passing starts to creep in when we fall behind and Smith starts putting the ball solely in PJ's hands, drops him back and plays a sand-lot style of catch-up offense.

Like I said, I watch teams like UCF, or WVU that continue running the ball for four quarters, don't panic, wear down their opponents and win the 4th quarter.  If we're not way ahead our offensive staff seems to panic in the 4th and do things that are not conducive to our offense's, or QB's talents.

Or you take the five that are dropped each game and we're like 4-2 right now.  PJ hasn't missed 10 passes a game, that doesn't even jive with the stats, and typically PJ is spot on in the first half of many games when things are going good and he isn't forced to do everything.  His erratic passing starts to creep in when we fall behind and Smith starts putting the ball solely in PJ's hands, drops him back and plays a sand-lot style of catch-up offense.

Like I said, I watch teams like UCF, or WVU that continue running the ball for four quarters, don't panic, wear down their opponents and win the 4th quarter.  If we're not way ahead our offensive staff seems to panic in the 4th and do things that are not conducive to our offense's, or QB's talents.

I won't argue with most of what you said, but we can't deny that we need a QB?  Why not start developing C4?  With his athleticism and our running game, we could start building for the future, not just the next few years, but the next 5 games (6 if a bowl?)

We've been saying for 3 years that PJ is not our future, but as long as he's our present we aren't really developing our future much.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Now that we have time b4 next game, lets discuss the merits of a OCS

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Isn't it entirely possible that C4 himself may not think he's ready to take over this offense this year? I've heard he feels more comfortable, at this juncture of his USF career, at the WR position.

PJ is the best we have, deal with it. Let's modify our offensive scheme and work with the talent we have.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I wonder if C4 will be "ready" anytime this year?

CJL doesnt think so