• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three big topics: QBs, coaching and bowl game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  0

1) QBs: I think we all knew in advance of this game just how bad our quarterback situation was. It's obvious we are not able to compete with the quarterbacks currently available.

2) Coaching: The coaching staff made some very bad calls today (as they have done many times in the past). The reverse inside the 15 was a terrible call and cost us a shot at making it a close game. Also, the team did not seem prepared for this game coming off the bye week. That's also on the coaches.

3) Bowl game: At this point, I think it's going to be very tough for USF to win the three more games needed to get to a bowl game. The Louisville win was clearly a fluke.

Bottom line: I know will be criticized for this, but if USF doesn't make a bowl game this year I think it might be time to let Leavitt go.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Bottom line: I know will be criticized for this, but if USF doesn't make a bowl game this year I think it might be time to let Leavitt go.

not necessarily Leavitt, but new blood from outside the program needs to be brought in at OC

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Please get a clue.

Please get a clue.

Take off your rose-colored glasses, Gary.

Leavitt did a great job building this program and getting it us to this level. In my opinion, he's a good low-level D-1 coach and a great 1-AA coach. He's not the man we need to take us to the next level. He has gotten has as far as we can go and it might be time to make a switch.

That said, I haven't given up on him yet but if we can't even make a bowl game this season, I think the administration at USF has to take a serious look at our coaching situation and how we want to proceed.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290

What if we had M.Blackwell ??? why did PJ not throw deep in early game before Pitt defense use prevent deep back? where is long post?  PJ finally passed balls to A.Hall middle but its too late..

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

Your administration would be crazy to fire Leavitt.  Your program has been around 10 years and you're already in the Big East.  You can't fire him for not making to it to a bowl game, when you didn't make it to one in CUSA.  You've beat a Top 10 team and still have a lot of games left.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt should leave but not for usf failing to make a bowl

1.not recruiting a qb in 4 years

2. not bringing in an offensive coordinator

3.promoting rod smith

4.lack of progress since 2001

5.poor recruiting

6.not fixing the same problems for years

lw- i do like your analysis and it might be correct

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

That said, I haven't given up on him yet but if we can't even make a bowl game this season, I think the administration at USF has to take a serious look at our coaching situation and how we want to proceed.

this is ridiculous... we have the hardest schedule we have EVER had, by far, and you think it is a disgrace not to make it to a bowl

would you have been calling for Leavitt's head before the season with the same criteria or did you buy into the hype after the UL game and think we were going BCS bowling?

this is ridiculous... we have the hardest schedule we have EVER had, by far, and you think it is a disgrace not to make it to a bowl

would you have been calling for Leavitt's head before the season with the same criteria or did you buy into the hype after the UL game and think we were going BCS bowling?

I soured on Leavitt some time ago. I think smazza hit it right on the head when he said "lack of progress since 2001." I couldn't agree more.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

leavitt should leave but not for usf failing to make a bowl

1.not recruiting a qb in 4 years

2. not bringing in an offensive coordinator

3.promoting rod smith

4.lack of progress since 2001

5.poor recruiting

6.not fixing the same problems for years

lw- i do like your analysis and it might be correct

agreed, everyone on here is just a bunch of leavitt and julmiste lovers, its pretty sickening..

this is the big time, we shouldnt settle for anything less.. especially when we're in talent-rich florida.. i mean, UCF recruited steven moffit over us, for crying out loud.. yet, we can seem to pull in a qb until grothe?