• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three big topics: QBs, coaching and bowl game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Low expectations yield low results.

Low expectations would have never got a football team at USF, but some of us "crazy dreamers" bellyached enough, a lot of people donated some serious coin, and we have a football team.

I do not accept "moral victories".  If you do, than you must accept the Vietnam War as a "moral victory" for the USA.

I did not march up and down campus and irritate the USF admistration for several years just for a football team.  I wanted a winning football team.  Anything less is a failure.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Take off your rose-colored glasses, Gary.

Yeah, that's what people like you say about everyone who doesn't want to fire the coach after every loss -- which, interestingly, is the only time we ever seem to hear from you.

To repeat myself: get a clue.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  245

Yeah, that's what people like you say about everyone who doesn't want to fire the coach after every loss -- which, interestingly, is the only time we ever seem to hear from you.

To repeat myself: get a clue.

Relax, would you? I am on this site constantly during football season and don't always post negative stuff.

For a site admin, you sure don't make people feel welcome here, do you?

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

3) Bowl game: At this point, I think it's going to be very tough for USF to win the three more games needed to get to a bowl game.

No chance at a bowl right now...not worth talking about until we start winning. Today's effort was a bad sign.

Leavitt is untouchable, and the idea that his job is somehow on the line and he needs to get to a bowl game this year or leave is totally ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

QB's - Time to let Julmiste sit, let Denson return kicks, and put in Hill. We can't let this enemic offense keep going.

Recievers- need to get some guts, learn how to catch, and be more agressive. Other teams have these players, why can't we?

D Backs- need to play man on man and play them off the ball. This playing 5-15 yards off is killing us. Other teams do, why can't we.

COACHES- Prepare your players to play! Start kicking some ass, get them inshape, and start usuing your heads when calling plays! My gosh, Armwood high's offensive play scheme is better than ours. Rod, get your head out and get back to business. Creativity when you are down is not warrantewd. Look what is working and capitalize on it. Other teams do it to us.

Leadership- There is none. Not one player is kicking ass and taking names. Hall tries to be the ya-ya boy but that only works when you are winning. You've got to have someone stepping up and getting these players going. Other teams do, why can't we.

It all boils down to, Why can't we? I am sure the excuses will roll off the tongues of many, but face it, if we continue the way we are going, we will never amount to anything better than a Big East Temple!    The Reaper

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Actually I think we could be a very dominant team in the Big East if we could just find a QB that doesn't always turn over the ball inside our 30 yard line.

That being said, since we are soooo 1 dimensional on offense, why don't we embrace it until we can find a qb that can throw the ball to people wearing the same colored jersey. Lets run the wishbone/wing-t/veere/ ala Major Harris against West Virginia. Sit Pat for good. Have Denson over center. Hall and Ponton in the backfield with Jackson swinging around every play. I know it's an annoying offense that doesn't really work over the long haul but I hated to see us play someone who ran it when we were I-AA. I can still see Western Kentucky running all over the place on us. Hey what do we got to lose....by doing that we cannot throw interceptions thus our opponent may actually have to drive down the field on offense.

Relax, would you? I am on this site constantly during football season and don't always post negative stuff.

For a site admin, you sure don't make people feel welcome here, do you?

You know what I find unfriendly? Starting "Fire Leavitt" threads every time we lose a freaking game, ignoring everything the man has done for our football program -- you know, like when we were the talk of the college football world way back in September 2005.

As for my earlier comments, "get a clue" is just a concise way of saying "Please re-evaluate your position, as its flaws are self-evident."

D Backs- need to play man on man and play them off the ball. This playing 5-15 yards off is killing us. Other teams do, why can't we.

This is a great point. Our DBs gave the Pitt receivers way too much room. We needed to press them more.

God, everything USF did on defense played right into Wannstedt's scheme. His offense is a square peg, and we give him a square hole. I'm just shaking my head.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  245

You know what I find unfriendly? Starting "Fire Leavitt" threads every time we lose a freaking game, ignoring everything the man has done for our football program -- you know, like when we were the talk of the college football world way back in September 2005.

As for my earlier comments, "get a clue" is just a concise way of saying "Please re-evaluate your position, as its flaws are self-evident."

I believe you have me confused with someone else. I certainly have not called for Leavitt to be fired after every loss. Maybe once last season I argued it was time to reconsider Leavitt.

So basically what you are saying is that because you don't agree with my position that I need to change it so I am in line with you?

Come on... seriously. Aren't we allowed to have our own opinions without being bashed by the site admins?

How hard would it be for you to simply disagree with my argument with a smart, intelligent response instead of dragging me through the mud and telling me to "get a clue."

So basically what you are saying is that because you don't agree with my position that I need to change it so I am in line with you?

No.

Come on... seriously. Aren't we allowed to have our own opinions without being bashed by the site admins?

Of course you are. There is no "party line" here. However, those of us who happen to be site admins reserve the right to express our personal opinions, including disagreement with other posters.

If I am ever speaking as a moderator or in an official capacity on behalf of this website, I will say so. Otherwise, anything I express is my opinion only. Note also that I am not alone in this position.

Besides, if I wanted to abuse my position as a mod, I could just delete the thread :) But we don't do that here.

I believe you have me confused with someone else. I certainly have not called for Leavitt to be fired after every loss. Maybe once last season I argued it was time to reconsider Leavitt.

That's two times too many for my taste.

How hard would it be for you to simply disagree with my argument with a smart, intelligent response instead of dragging me through the mud and telling me to "get a clue."

My intelligent response is that the question does not deserve an intelligent response. Jim Leavitt's suitability as our head coach is so self-evident that it does not require justification.