• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First NCAA NET Rankings Are Out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Agree all around. Q and Collins (especially DC) both have the ability to take over a game on both sides of the floor, we just need it more frequently than every fifth game. Also can't have those single digit point nights.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t think the NCAA is on anyone’s mind. NIT will probably require 18/19 wins. I did a quick run through the schedule I think the max this team wins before the conference tourney is 14/15. Anything is possible but with terrible free throw shooting we will piss away a few games we should have won. With a weak down low presence we will lose a few due to cold shooting nights. 

Unless those 18/19 wins include wins over Utah State, FSU, Memphis, UCONN and Wichita State and making it to the AAC semifinals; it is unlikely that 18/19 wins will be enough for the NIT. I say that because last season USF won 19 regular season games last season and didn't get a NIT bid. Yes, Memphis and Wichita State both won 19 regular season games and got into the NIT but Memphis and Wichita State had some wins against teams that got into the NCAA Tournament. USF didn't win a single game against a NCAA Tournament team last season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Unless those 18/19 wins include wins over Utah State, FSU, Memphis, UCONN and Wichita State and making it to the AAC semifinals; it is unlikely that 18/19 wins will be enough for the NIT. I say that because last season USF won 19 regular season games last season and didn't get a NIT bid. Yes, Memphis and Wichita State both won 19 regular season games and got into the NIT but Memphis and Wichita State had some wins against teams that got into the NCAA Tournament. USF didn't win a single game against a NCAA Tournament team last season.

Excellent point. The quality of wins would make a difference. Wichita State is playing unreal right now and Memphis is of course loaded. Yeah I was probably being wishful with 19 wins getting us in the NIT. There are in reality only a few open spots available there. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

We won't win many when Collins and Brown score 8 points combined. Not to mention IUPUI's star player made 10 of 14 shots. I call that game an anomaly. Still a bad one to lose though.

cant lose to a team like this if you want success

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Completely agree...that is the X factor here. Compared to the first few games you can see they are developing a system without Yetna. It does require better outside shooting but Brown is doing ok there and maybe Castaneda will have a few more hot games. But this team will go as Q and Collins go. Would love for them to be peaking at conference tourney time. 

4 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Agree all around. Q and Collins (especially DC) both have the ability to take over a game on both sides of the floor, we just need it more frequently than every fifth game. Also can't have those single digit point nights.

Not sure if this has been discussed in other threads.  But watched the 2nd half of the game (had to leave at halftime) on Sunday on ESPN3.  Believe the announcers discussed a stat that went something along the lines of USF being 6 and 1 in games when a 3rd player other than Q and Collins scored double digits.  And that that record was 5 - 0 when that 3rd was JB.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure if this has been discussed in other threads.  But watched the 2nd half of the game (had to leave at halftime) on Sunday on ESPN3.  Believe the announcers discussed a stat that went something along the lines of USF being 6 and 1 in games when a 3rd player other than Q and Collins scored double digits.  And that that record was 5 - 0 when that 3rd was JB.  

Yes I heard the same thing. JB will be vital if we are to have any success.