• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Both Super Excited and Cautiously Optimistic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Everything I’ve read on this hire is nothing but positive and full of enthusiasm. I too, am excited to see a young up-and-comer leading the Bulls. However, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t this excited after each hire. Holtz was the answer to Leavitt’s caveman style approach to football. Until he wasn’t. Taggart was the answer to Holtz’s lack of enthusiasm and recruiting chops. Until he was swept away. Strong was the answer to Taggart’s lack of defense, but he forgot to bring the offense (or return any discipline) with him. Finally, we have a coach that answers a few voids. Recruiting, player development, Florida contacts, enthusiasm, youth and a few other qualities. I want this to work. I just can’t allow myself to get too excited until the difference is seen in the field. I’ve never been a paper champ style of fan. I will do my part financially to help this program out with facilities and always, always cheer on this team. GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, SquishaBull said:

Everything I’ve read on this hire is nothing but positive and full of enthusiasm. I too, am excited to see a young up-and-comer leading the Bulls. However, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t this excited after each hire. Holtz was the answer to Leavitt’s caveman style approach to football. Until he wasn’t. Taggart was the answer to Holtz’s lack of enthusiasm and recruiting chops. Until he was swept away. Strong was the answer to Taggart’s lack of defense, but he forgot to bring the offense (or return any discipline) with him. Finally, we have a coach that answers a few voids. Recruiting, player development, Florida contacts, enthusiasm, youth and a few other qualities. I want this to work. I just can’t allow myself to get too excited until the difference is seen in the field. I’ve never been a paper champ style of fan. I will do my part financially to help this program out with facilities and always, always cheer on this team. GO BULLS!!!

I was not excited about the hire of CCS. Skippy, a little just because of his name and what he did for ECU and a huge fan of Taggs being a grad from the same high school and him being a local guy. I like the hire but hopefully he can produce an exciting and successful product before he leaves.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I too am excited and cautiously optimistic 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 minutes ago, SquishaBull said:

Im very excited and probably overly optimistic especially given our level of dissapointment time and time again.

I dont know this just has a different feel to me than past hires.  It feels more legit.  I think its because of MK being in charge of Athletics now and all of his connections, and the fact this was his first choice.  And JS really wants this job as well....It just feels like we finally got it right.

Now only time will tell obviously and we have to be patient.  We are kind of a mess right now and it wont get turned around overnight.