• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Matt Grothe,

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

way to give up on PJ after one loss to a top ten team

pathetic

PS-- Unlike some other QB recruits in this world, MG does not seem like some head case who demands to start. If he earns it, he will start. Until then, let him prepare himself so that you don't end up saying the same lame crap about him that you do about PJ. Broken record "our QB _______ sucks-- we need ______ to start now".

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

pathetic

All i question now is his character...he looked scared.  There is no room for that when you're in your 4th year.  He had plenty of good reads that he just threw poorly out of fear.  You could see it in his footwork and body language.

But he's still our best QB.  No sense in giving up on him, and no sense in saying he's a good QB.  At least he's an average one or so, better than last year.  We'll win some games and one day have another good QB.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

The QB situation is frustrating

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

All i question now is his character...he looked scared.  There is no room for that when you're in your 4th year.  He had plenty of good reads that he just threw poorly out of fear.  You could see it in his footwork and body language.

But he's still our best QB.  No sense in giving up on him, and no sense in saying he's a good QB.  At least he's an average one or so, better than last year.  We'll win some games and one day have another good QB.

Did you see the interview with him as he left the field? He blamed himself for the loss. In fact, he put the entire loss on his shoulders. That is not something a coward does. He didn't throw with fear, he just threw poorly too often and Miami capitalized.

He's a good leader, if not a stellar QB. We need to give him our full support on that alone.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

I agree Mike G. Julmiste has been through a lot the last few seasons. I dont think we should give up on him now. Miami has a great defense that can make the best QB's look like bums IMO.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Julmiste has never really lit up the scoreboard with his passing accuracy, we don't need him to with our running game. He is what he is. I guess we'll have to live with that for now. I really hope we don't see him turning the ball over so much when we are in another tough game. Incompletions are fine, interceptions in the red zone are not.

I have never been a fan of Julmiste and coming into the season I thought he'd have no shot at being our starting QB. All I read about were how great Denson and Hill were. Sadly enough, PJ is the best man for the job right now.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

pathetic

For the record, I gave up on PJ about a year. I do admire your loyalty. How about Santa? I asked about Santa. Do you believe in him too?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

please dont transfer

but if they start pj over you next year

i would understand if you did

Smazza you are the biggest idiot, you call yourself a bull fan and you are telling a kid to transfer out of USF. Do us all a big favor take your bull hater attitude and jump off of the skyway

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

The most favored player on any college football team is the redshirt freshman QB or the backup QB.  Ah, you guys always seem to crack me up!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

PJ threw poorly - no question about it.  But the coaches playcalling didn't help him either.  With the Bulls backed up in their own territory early in the game, the coaches should have been more conservative with the calls and not had him throwing downfield.   If he had to throw, then maybe use some RB screens, WR screens, play action to the H-back in the flat - safe stuff like that.  You have to assume PJ will be nervous going against UM on the road.  A more conservative approach with bad field position would have helped USF stay in the game.

With that said, I still think our coaches are doing a much better job this year.