• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will leavitt's devotion to pj

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Gary, I know you're right, the best man for the job right now is already starting at QB for us....that's what makes this whole situation so frustrating.

I figured as highly touted as Denson was a few years ago, and Hill was this past recruiting season, that PJ wouldn't of had a shot. Guess you shouldn't believe all the hype.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

If Carlton Hill, Matt Grothe, Anthony Severino, or anyone else on the roster was a better quarterback than Julmiste and Denson right now, they'd be playing quarterback.

Hey sport...let's keep the common sense to a minimum. The whole point behind these threads is to allow us to wallow in our coulda-shoulda-woulda fantasies.

While PJ may not be the number one QB in the nation - he is the number on QB in the Bulls Nation. Wanna get him outta there? Then cough up SOMEONE WHO IS CAPABLE OF TAKING COMMAND. And - here's the sad and brutal truth - contrary to the wisdom of billions of summer threads - it ain't Courtney "Scooter" Denson.  8)

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Yeah, it is frustrating. And I am a little surprised that Carlton Hill hasn't seen more action at QB, since PJ and CD aren't setting the world on fire at the moment.

I just don't like it when people say Julmiste is starting at QB out of favoritism, or some motivation other than winning football games. I think that's an unfair criticism of our coaching staff. They have shown over the years that they will make changes when necessary. It's also not fair to Julmiste, who earned the starting position back with his performance at Penn State.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Hey sport...let's keep the common sense to a minimum. The whole point behind these threads is to allow us to wallow in our coulda-shoulda-woulda fantasies.

I know, but sometimes it's good to throw in a little common sense, just so people can remember what it looks like. You remember those Health Class videos where they compare the picture of the healthy lung to the smoker's lung? Same thing. :)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

from what i recall hearing is he wants to run before throwing at this point....so to me that says it would be no different if he were in there or Denson were in there.

get him the experience he need so he can lead in 2006, however, for better or for worse PJ is our best chance to win this year!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

You can only bring so many players to away games I think...and dressing a guy you KNOW wont play isn't exactly a wise venture.

also to Chicky--

two things:

1) the guys who are in jeans and jerseys are either hurt or redshirting or transfers who cannot play.

2) Gregory is a transfer-- just like Denson was last year-- so he is not allowed to dress for any game this season. He may be using his redshirt year during that transfer season process if he had it remaining (likely).

I don't know why he wasn't down on the field. I think he could have gone down there if he wanted to as part of the team. We can only dress 65 players as the visiting team and 100+ when playing at home.

To smazza and the other "sky is falling" crowd---

As for drumming up the whole "PJ is not the answer" crap all over again, please review this season and tell me when he didn't deliver a decent performance before this one. This game mirrored the PSU game in many ways. We had drops and didn't have the best effort we could have. We tried hard but we could not overcome the opponent. Such is life. Be glad we are sitting at 3-2 at this point in the season. It is probably higher than most thought we would be and we are geting tons of press in a year when we were an after thought in the Big East.