• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will leavitt's devotion to pj

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

from what i recall hearing is he wants to run before throwing at this point....so to me that says it would be no different if he were in there or Denson were in there.

exactly....with potential.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

we need a QB who wants to throw first and not run first. There is nothing wrong with running just look at Young at Texas or even better look at Robinson at Penn State. Last yr Robinson wanted to always run...now he is throwing deep to the freshman receivers which then opens the running game for himself.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

we need a QB who wants to throw first and not run first. There is nothing wrong with running just look at Young at Texas or even better look at Robinson at Penn State. Last yr Robinson wanted to always run...now he is throwing deep to the freshman receivers which then opens the running game for himself.

Very correct, our only problem is our QBs are not accurate enough to pass.  And if by chance they don't throw it ten ft over the receivers head or in the dirt, our receivers have not show the concentration it takes to make those needed catches consistently.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You gotta know the play book to take snaps.  C Hill does not know the play book.

Exactly, if you thought we were one dimensional with our running game, you put CA Hill in the game and now we have a QB that doesnt know the playbook and we become less dimensional. He is not the answer at this point.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

redshirts don't get to be on the sidelines?

You can only bring so many players to away games I think...and dressing a guy you KNOW wont play isn't exactly a wise venture.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

gotya....must be thinking of the home games where i remember seeing lots of guys in jerseys with no pads and wearing jeans.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I brough up Denson & Hill's inabilities to stay in the pocket and THROW the ball after the FAMU game and several people blew me off saying we were disguising our offense and keeping it vanilla. I still don't think so.

I agree with the move JL made to pull Julmiste. I have not, do not, and still don't think he should be our starting QB. Denson is the absolute most impatient QB I have ever seen, the guys takes the snap and automatically rolls out...why? Is this instinct or just trying to create with his legs and not his arm? I think it's time to see more of Hill. How long does it take to leanr a playbook? I appreciate the fact that Julmiste plays hard, I kjust dont think he is the answer

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

If Carlton Hill, Matt Grothe, Anthony Severino, or anyone else on the roster was a better quarterback than Julmiste and Denson right now, they'd be playing quarterback.

Period. End of discussion.

"devotion to pj"? Smazza, where the hell do you get this stuff?

It is insulting to our coaching staff to suggest that they'd play anyone other than the best man for the job. They've made changes before when necessary, and I have no doubt they'll make changes again if necessary. We should trust their judgment.