• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s Tennis Captures Fifth Conference Title After Comeback Victory Over Top Seeded UCF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is a thread about USF winning a conference trophy ...... sometimes this **** gets a little bit much ... smh.

I just replied without looking at the thread title.  Sorry Trip, wasn't trying to be a downer.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We need to stop what is perceived as obsession.  Ive been a little guilty of it myself so not pointing fingers.

We use to blame them for the same thing....but we need to be better than that.

With that, my sermon has ended.

Not an obsession at all. Just an observation. We blamed them for delusions of grandeur, but their rise is noteworthy. If you go back and look at the series between the two schools from the start, you'll see that USF dominated most sports for years, but that is no longer the case. We've stood still to a degree. They've risen. It happened. USF's rise on the academic side is just as - probably moreso - noteworthy. Seems to just be a difference of philosophy. They have BCS bowl wins. We have academic Pre-eminence.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Not an obsession at all. Just an observation. We blamed them for delusions of grandeur, but their rise is noteworthy. If you go back and look at the series between the two schools from the start, you'll see that USF dominated most sports for years, but that is no longer the case. We've stood still to a degree. They've risen. It happened. USF's rise on the academic side is just as - probably moreso - noteworthy. Seems to just be a difference of philosophy. They have BCS bowl wins. We have academic Pre-eminence.

And to add - it certainly doesn't mean we can't have both.  Athletic success can happen quickly (recruit the right players, get the right coaches in place, etc).  While I would think rising on the Academic side is more of a longer term process and commitment - something we should definitely be proud of.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Glad we won this one. The War on I-4 has been very one sided this season.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Glad we won this one. The War on I-4 has been very one sided this season.

As ive been saying my friend....the tide is turning!

At least, thats my story and im sticking with it!