• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More Impressive Turnaround

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  0

So easy answer here. Sure the 2010-11'team preceding the NCAAT team went 10-23, but the 09-10' team preceding them (with DoJo) went to the NIT. There were a bunch of players on both postseason teams btw including Chris Howard.

This year's team follows teams that were a disaster for 7 years!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

51 minutes ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

There were a bunch of players on both postseason teams btw including Chris Howard.

Chris Howard wasn't on both teams. The three who were: Gilchrist, Fitzpatrick and Noriega.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

So easy answer here. Sure the 2010-11'team preceding the NCAAT team went 10-23, but the 09-10' team preceding them (with DoJo) went to the NIT. There were a bunch of players on both postseason teams btw including Chris Howard.

This year's team follows teams that were a disaster for 7 years!

You can't ignore 10-23 the season prior to making the NCAAT. That is one heck of a turnaround against an absolutely loaded schedule in '11-'12. That team went 2-6 against teams in the top 25 at the time they played them. This season's team will likely only have 3 such games on the schedule. Historically, this season feels like the more impressive turnaround given the disastrous 6 seasons that preceded them, but year-to-year I would have to give it to the '11-'12 team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I prefer to let the season play out be before I begin comparing my apples to my oranges.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

I prefer to let the season play out be before I begin comparing my apples to my oranges.

Why? This is a message board; it's what we do. We all postulated as to how the Bulls would perform this season prior to the season even starting. We can revisit the issue after the season as well. We need something to talk about in April as well! 

• Upvote 1