• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN College Gameday in Tampa?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys, I am new to the board.  I am in my second year at USF.  There is a rumor going around campus that the ESPN college gameday crew will be in Tampa this upcoming Saturday for our big game against Louisville.  Has anyone heard about this?  Everyone is catching Bulls fever, looking to beat the Cards on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I doubt it very seriously. The game is not that high on the national radar. Maybe if we beat UofL though, the Miami game might get some interest.

And welcome to the forum. Sit down, relax, talk Bulls sports.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

doubtful with UT at LSU being the ESPN primetime game

but if for some reason it is true, it looks like ill be making a road trip

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I would be shocked and amazed. There is the Tenn. at LSU game that is probably the best matchup in the nation. Then there is Ga Tech at Va. Tech. Iowa at Ohio St. might have gotten some consideration, but Gameday was already up there for the Texas game. That being said, if ever there was a week where we COULD be the featured sight for Gameday, it would be this one. There are very few marquee matchups. At this point, I would be happy with just a featured segment on Gameday and if we actually had it here, I just might have difficulty controlling my bowels.

An interesting note: Gameday did pass on Florida v. Tenn to cover FSU v. BC, mainly beacuse it was BC's first ACC game. This would be the first BE game for both USF and UL, so who knows.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I think IF (and I stress IF) Gameday shows up in Tampa, it will only be because Louisville cracked the top ten and is playing their first BE game.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

ESPN passed on the UF vs tenn game because it was being shown on CBS as opposed to the FSU vs BC game which was on ESPN.  not too mention it is in ESPN's best interests to hype up the ACC as much as possible considering the ACC championship will be on ABC which owns ESPN.

Either way, no way that Gameday would be at USF for this game.

You guys are certainly right that there seems to be a lack of really appealing matchups this week.  It is possible that GameDay will be broadcast in studio in Hartford -- they do that once or twice per season.

But there are some games that seem interesting:

Already mentioned...

Georgia Tech & Virginia Tech ... (game on ABC)

Tennesee @ LSU ... (primetime game on ESPN)

Others...

USC @ Oregon... (primetime game on ABC)

Notre Dame @ Washington ... if only because of Willingham facing his old team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,746
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

I'm sure they will be at LSU ... Katrina stroies will be plentiful.

Better bet of USF at L'ville next season. Since the story line will be defending Big East Champs going back to Pizza Stadium to see if the Cards will have Revenge  8)

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

It'll never happen...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Hey guys, I am new to the board.  I am in my second year at USF.  There is a rumor going around campus that the ESPN college gameday crew will be in Tampa this upcoming Saturday for our big game against Louisville.  Has anyone heard about this?  Everyone is catching Bulls fever, looking to beat the Cards on Saturday.

I heard the same thing. You need to get EVERY student who's even thought about going to a Bulls game out there on Saturday night ...........   ::)