• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guess you did not need that upper deck after all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Mutt  That pic post of O'Liar is HOF material!!! You get my vote!!!   Reaper

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Nothing but a pathetic post/thread based entirely in jealousy.  As B'headed mentioned.  More than 41K tix were sold so more than 41K seats were req'd.  And why do you care about USF's attendance for a D1AA home game anyway?  Is it b/c USF has a legitimate shot at averaging 40K sold tix this season (FAMU, UCF - hate game, Louisville - Top 10 team, WVU - Top 25 team/homecoming, & Cincinatti)?  BTW, FYI for Bulls fans, I talked to a Louisville alum going to the game and his estimate for UL fans traveling to Tampa this season is 9-10K.

Louisville will not bring 9-10K here, please, they don't sell out all their home games in a small stadium.  UL is a great story, but they have a very limited following.  

As for the attendance number, who cares, anyone that knows anything about USF knows how their tickets work.  Hell, just look at the Memphis game last year, USF says there is over 30,000 there when there could not have been 20,000 at the game.  Its old news.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

UL is a great story, but they have a very limited following.  

2004 Home Game attendance:

vs. Kentucky - 42,681

vs. ECU - 40,220

vs. So. Florida  42,232

vs. TCU 40,107

vs. Cincy 37,61

If that is no following, what is UCF's attendance to imply?  Note, behind in-state rival Kentucky, USF was the best-attended.  

And, the stadium seats 42,000

Are we talking about the same UL?  Looks like sell-outs to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Limited ... because of their small stadium  ::)

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

As for the attendance number, who cares, anyone that knows anything about USF knows how their tickets work.  Hell, just look at the Memphis game last year, USF says there is over 30,000 there when there could not have been 20,000 at the game.  Its old news.

Of course, the fact that it's old news, doesn't in any way affect UCF and has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of our football game on Saturday will not prevent you guys from continuing to post about it over and over and over and over again.  

I can't wait for this freaking weekend to be over with.

USFFan

2004 Home Game attendance:

vs. Kentucky - 42,681

vs. ECU - 40,220

vs. So. Florida  42,232

vs. TCU 40,107

vs. Cincy 37,61

Bulliever, stay close here, so read slow.  I said LITTLE following, not NO following.  Hell son, you copied my post and still got it wrong.  

Now considering the season UL had last year, how could they only sellout of only two games last year, considering that the **** stadium only seats 42,000?  

If they could not sell out a 42,000 seat stadium, why would they bring 9,000 - 10,000 people 877.43 miles to a game that means little to them?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

You are misguided STK, the last time the Cards played at RayJay, there was a large Ville fan base at the game, there alot of Cardinal fans in the state of Florida and with the recent success, there will be many more at this years game.  Lastly, as for Papa Johns Stadium capacity, its 45,000- the 42,000 are the number of high back seats, the stadium has an additional 3,000 in bleacher seating.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Throughout the months leading up to the 2005 college football season, the University of Louisville program has experienced a number of firsts, such as the school's highest-ever preseason ranking and a first place vote in the initial Associated Press poll. Another first, that has gone seemingly unnoticed, it the absence of numerous print, radio and television ads selling Cardinal football season tickets.

U of L, which recorded a school-best attendance average of 40,351 per game in 2004, sold out four of its five home games during last year's 11-1 run and with all season tickets for the 2005 home slate now sold out, a seat inside Papa John's Cardinal Stadium on gameday just became harder to find.

"I've never seen so much excitement," said Tom Jurich, U of L Director of Athletics. "I think it is at a fever pitch right now and rightfully so. This isn't only a great program in this state, but it's also a great program in this region. Really, it's just us and Ohio State that are ranked like we are in this area and that's pretty good company."

Jurich added that the presence of traditional BIG EAST Conference programs on the Cardinals home schedule this fall, such as Pittsburgh and Syracuse, will have a positive effect on the final attendance figures.

"As long as the fans continue to turn out we will look hard at expansion," he explained. "The one thing that everybody has been clamoring for is that they want better teams in our conference - they have that now. There's no more excuses."

While the rapid climb of the program has surprised many, it's something that the school's Vice President had planned for.

Petrino is 20-5 as U of L head coach

"We did this by design," explained Jurich. "This is something that we planned on eight years ago when [Louisville] was 138th in the nation. It all started with John L. and I think he built a terrific foundation and Bobby has taken it up many notches."

As excitement for U of L football throughout the city, state and region has continued to grow, Jurich has continued to move forward with his vision for stadium expansion.

"Presently, we are in our third meeting with all the architects and soon the drawings will be done for a new expansion," he said.

"We would like to take it somewhere in the vicinity of 60,000 and I would like to add another 30 suites," he said of the project. "I'd like to do a platform on the south endzone, much like Tampa Bay's stadium (Raymond James Stadium) has, where the fans can walk back and forth. We'd have concessions available and the fans could hang out up there and watch the game. The one thing that I have seen that our stadium really needs the most is a way to get from one side to the other."

"I don't think I'd build another club on the other side, but we would have priority seating and I would want to make sure those people had access to the Brown and Williamson Club."

While he admits that the possibility of adding additional seats and features in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium has progressed, he adds that it won't happen unless it's visibly needed.

"I've been moving on this for about six months now, but I'm not going to do it until I see all those seats gone," he said. "I don't mean sold - they were all sold last year. I want to see people in their seats, coming in early and staying late - our kids deserve that."

http://louisville.scout.com/2/428884.html

So they have 45,000 seats that makes it worse, now they did not sell out any games last year.

It does not matter, Louisville will be lucky to have 3,000 people at Ray Jay.  Its not a slap at UL, but more of a slap to USF.  The week after USF, they have FAU at home.  I am sure that is a bigger game to them.