• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Saw a recap that showed 43,122 in attendance tonight.  It sure looked like every single seat in the lower bowl was full during halftime plus another couple thousand on both patios and maybe 2-3,000 in the upper deck.  I am surprised it was not announced at 46-47,000.

A great crowd that was completely silent and in awe when the FAMU band played America the Beautiful.  It was really a great experience.

And BTW, HOT was much, much, much improved.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

The announced crowd of 43,122 is, of course, the second largest home crowd for the Bulls and the largest in Ray Jay. It is the largest home crowd for a I-AA game, beating the Drake 33,827 from the first season.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

43,122 contributes 8,624 to the season average with just 5 home games this year.  Good start!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Considering the fact that FAMU was more organized in how they handled tickets, the FAMU band playing, and UCF in 4th place for ticket sales as of a few days ago, I don't believe that the UCF game hits 40k.  I agree, it is definitely put up or shut up time for UCF.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I was hoping we'd hit the 50,000 mark for the FAMU game.  43,000 + is nice, but we need to start putting more fannies in the seats.  

How many of USF alums live in the Tampa/St. Pete area??  C'mon Bulls fans, show your support!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just getting home.  I was disappointed with the turn out, I thought we'd hit 50k for sure.  

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I think FAMUs institutional control and NCAA issues kept their fans away.   They didn't want to see their team while they are in this state.

I did note quite a few empty seats in the sections around the 50 on the west side.  Shame on the high donors for not either showing up or making sure that those tickets were used!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I did note quite a few empty seats in the sections around the 50 on the west side.  Shame on the high donors for not either showing up or making sure that those tickets were used!

I was on the west side so I did not see the high donor empty seats.  From my view when the FAMU band was on the field every seat in each end zone and the east side looked like it had a body in it (and no one was wearing red or pewter shirts.)