• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF-USF ticket allotment is rumored sold out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Whatever, KL.  You're going to believe whatever you want, or whatever the UCF party line is.  Going back historically, I recall that it went back and forth in the beginning, and then we just decided not to play you at all.

It doesn't matter anyway.  Next week, you'll wish we never played.  Next year, you'll wish we never played.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I don't approve of Constantine's tactics, but I wanted to point out that neither USF nor UCF are people, they are government educational entities.

How many people are involved with those "government educational entities", I wonder.  ::)

What does it matter, MM?  How many people are involved in corporate entities?  Are you sugesting we shouldn't have laws affecting corporations either? ::)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

So now its 1997??

Gee...before fans said it was 1998...1999...2000...2001, even 2002 & 2003 that Leavitt REALLY wanted to play.

You would think that all the writers from the St Pete Times, Tampa Tribune, AND Leavitt would of mentioned that...

Actually, they would of...IF it really happened.

KL

I was just going by what I read on your Rivals board. UCF turned down USF first ........ Your boys over there wouldn't lie, would they??

I was just going by what I read on your Rivals board. UCF turned down USF first ........ Your boys over there wouldn't lie, would they??

Come on now, Trip.  You can't really be questioning the veracity of UCF fan postings on their kool aid board... ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Come on now, Trip.  You can't really be questioning the veracity of UCF fan postings on their kool aid board... ;)

That what was shocking about it! It was actually outside the realm of their usual circle jerk ....

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

So now its 1997??

Gee...before fans said it was 1998...1999...2000...2001, even 2002 & 2003 that Leavitt REALLY wanted to play.

You would think that all the writers from the St Pete Times, Tampa Tribune, AND Leavitt would of mentioned that...

Actually, they would of...IF it really happened.

KL

The reporters DONT CARE. Neither do most of us. What gets old is the constant lies told by you. Then when your told something else by those who were around, you say "just keep saying the same lie" well, that's your strategy.

I am glad we didnt play until now. After our AD was turned down by McDowell (we needed games way back when) Leavitt didnt want the game until we had established ourselves in CUSA. He had a plan for our football program and based on our invitation to the Big East, his plan worked.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I don't know what's more vomit-inducing: UCF fans claiming they didn't want the game to be played, or USF fans claiming they did.

Anyway, before USF's football program started in 1997, there was an article in the Orlando Sentinel about USF football. It contained the line "UCF offered the Bulls an immediate game, but USF wisely refused."

It may have been "SOUTH FLORIDA READY TO RUMBLE THE TAMPA AREA HASN'T HAD FOOTBALL SINCE 1974, BUT A NEW GENERATION IS EAGER TO MAKE ITS MARK."

by Mark Didtler, Special To The Sentinel; Orlando Sentinel; Aug 14, 1997; pg. C.8. But I'm not 100% certain.

I can't find the exact article in the orlandosentinel.com archives, and I'm not going to pay for the full text to make this point. Take my word for it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

FTU/OU/OC NEEDS THE GAME MORE THAN USF

ftu/ou/oc  is on the verge of extinction and currently  ranked the last 1a football team in the state

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

FTU/OU/OC NEEDS THE GAME MORE THAN USF

ftu/ou/oc  is on the verge of extinction and currently  ranked the last 1a football team in the state

Losing to them would be a huge disaster