• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU - OK ST crowd a joke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

That truly was pathetic...maybe the smallest crowd I've EVER seen for D-1 football.  I actually feel bad for FAU it was so bad.  If they haven't acquired fans by now, it just may not happen.   They had a nice little run last year, made it deep in the 1-AA playoffs, are playing a BCS (and historically respected) team and can't generate a crowd.  I hope there were a few more people on the side of the stadium that wasn't visible, but it didn't sound like it.   That's hideous and I don't think Schnelly will stick it out much longer if the love isn't there.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That truly was pathetic...maybe the smallest crowd I've EVER seen for D-1 football.  I actually feel bad for FAU it was so bad.  If they haven't acquired fans by now, it just may not happen.   They had a nice little run last year, made it deep in the 1-AA playoffs, are playing a BCS (and historically respected) team and can't generate a crowd.  I hope there were a few more people on the side of the stadium that wasn't visible, but it didn't sound like it.   That's hideous and I don't think Schnelly will stick it out much longer if the love isn't there.

Right, because we all know that the Oklahoma State Cowboys have such a large following in Palm Beach County. ;-)

Seriously, though... if people in Miami don't go to see Miami, what on earth made FAU and FIU think that they could support a football team??

I guess "if SUNY Buffalo can do it so can we" was a strong argument.

;-)

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I thought both FAU and FIU are Division 1A on a provisional basis?  I don't see them lasting, especially with conference affiliations and travel expenses they'll endure flying to play Idaho or any other small 1A school.  Although with the addition of a 12th game in the near future that could help them financially by going to Nebraska or LSU.....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

So OK STATE wants the same players that FAU wants ..uhhhh  ::)

No they want the players that Miami/Florida State/Florida get from that region.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Scoring Summary (Final)

Florida Atlantic University

Oklahoma State vs Florida Atlantic (Sep 08, 2005 at Miami, FL)

Oklahoma State (2-0) vs. Florida Atlantic (0-2)

Date: Sep 08, 2005  Site: Miami, FL             Stadium: Dolphins Stadium

Attendance: 16421

Score by Quarters     1  2  3  4   Score

-----------------    -- -- -- --   -----

Oklahoma State......  6  7  7  3  - 23

Florida Atlantic....  0  3  0  0  -  3

------------------

Sad, Sad........

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

schnellenberger back in south florida.. a dangerous combination.. i wouldnt be surprised if we see FAU in a bcs conference in the next 5 yrs or so

i wouldnt be so critical.. USF games look pretty bad on TV especially with the top part of RJS empty

You're kidding right? FAU is not going to be in any BCS conference within 5 years. Last night proved they have such a long way to go as far as drawing a good crowd, or even an average one.

The top part of RJS is not used, with the exception of tomorrow evening. USF only 2 bad TV games last year due to time changes. I notice you conveniently left out we USF was on national TV against TCU and Cincinnati a couple of years back with 30,000+ in attendance for each game.

It will be a long time before FAU can draw that way, if ever.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Listen to Howard and you'd believe they will have a carrier dome type venue on campus in a couple years.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That truly was pathetic...maybe the smallest crowd I've EVER seen for D-1 football.

Really? Even smaller than the game against UAB last year?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I was at the UAB game last year and YES, even worse than that.  I picked up the 16K stated attendance at the FAU game and would only believe it was 1/2 of that if I saw a picture of the other side with documented evidence of when the picture was taken!  If you saw the non-camera side of the stadium, I'd like to hear what it looked like.  

At the UAB game last year, you were fighting Church night in the heart of the Bible Belt.  Forget it!

The UAB game was the worst attended game I've ever been to but didn't compare to what I could see on tv at FAU.