• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching UCF and USF's first game...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Which is basically what everyone else is doing ........   ;)

Exactly, not really sure of the question  ???

These Moderators  ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly, not really sure of the question  ???

These Moderators  ;)

With great power comes great responsibility ............. some of them don't seem to get that.   8)

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I am interested in the spread......what do you think it will be when it opens?

I'd say USF -5. Three points for home field (which is standard), and two points to get people to bet on a team that hasn't won a game in quite some time.

If UCF is getting anything more than 7, I might be inclined to take the points. I think it will be a close game, unless something changes drastically between now and then.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

USF 31, UCF 17

Hall will run it up big time on UCF.  While UCF had a good game defending the run, they didn't face USC's top two backs from last year.  Hall is in a different time zone than what USC has.

USF was also able to move the ball through the air against a damned good secondary, while holding PSU (an admitted mediocre offense, but probably equal to UCF athletic wise) to a respectable toal of yards, save for a few big runs.  I don't think UCF's back is better than your average Big-10 back.  

Through the air, they were stingy.  USF won't play off the corners all day like USC did during Moffett's bigger drives, either.

Bottom line:  If USF can not give up 90-yard runs every other quarter, we win handily.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

As expected nobody has crossed party lines with their predictions....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

USF 31, UCF 17

Hall will run it up big time on UCF.  While UCF had a good game defending the run, they didn't face USC's top two backs from last year.  Hall is in a different time zone than what USC has.

Well, you can't make yards where there is no hole.  Not even Barry could have run on us in that game since their OL didn't create anything against our DL.

So, you point about Hall being better is obviously correct but the assumption that he gets more yards because he is better is absolutely wrong.  IF your OL plays better than USCs, he will get more yards.  If not, he will suffer the same punishment the USC backs did.

Now, is your OL better than USC's?  I doubt it.

USF was also able to move the ball through the air against a damned good secondary, while holding PSU (an admitted mediocre offense, but probably equal to UCF athletic wise) to a respectable toal of yards, save for a few big runs.  I don't think UCF's back is better than your average Big-10 back.  

USF dinked and dunked 5 yard passes against that secondary.  That will probably be there against UCF as well but if that continues, Hall will get very few yards rushing because we will obviously pack it in on defense.

I believe UCF's OL is coming along nicely.  We will be able to run on you guys more because our passing game is more of a threat than PSUs is.  Moffetts ability to throw the ball downfield will spread the defense out a bit more than you guys did against that one dimensional O.

Through the air, they were stingy.  USF won't play off the corners all day like USC did during Moffett's bigger drives, either.

USC HAD TO play off the corners because they continued to blitz like crazy (not indicative of a team giving up).  I think we both have advantages at WR anyways.  We both have big, tall receivers that will cause problems to the CBs.

Bottom line:  If USF can not give up 90-yard runs every other quarter, we win handily.

My bottom line is this:

Obviously the UCF offense (Moffett in particular) needs to play well.  But this game really comes down to ONE PERSON!  Pat Julmiste.  If he plays like he can, USF has a better CHANCE at winning.  If he plays like we have seen him previously, UCF will win going away.

So, drum roll please.....

- PJ plays like crap and has 3 INTs

- WRs will be complaining to him ON THE FIELD

- Denson will come in and do nothing

- Moffett will have 3 TD game with 1 INT

- Hall ends up rushing for 63 yards total

- Keven Smith rushes for 132 yards total

UCF wins 34 - 13

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442

Everyone talks about hall having a big game.  How many yards did he get in the 3rd and 4th quarter against Penn St?  Seems to me I keep hearing he cramps up late in games.  Is this correct or mis-information?

As for my prediction, will make it after I see how usf does against famu and if everyone is healthy.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Well, you can't make yards where there is no hole.  Not even Barry could have run on us in that game since their OL didn't create anything against our DL.

So, you point about Hall being better is obviously correct but the assumption that he gets more yards because he is better is absolutely wrong.  IF your OL plays better than USCs, he will get more yards.  If not, he will suffer the same punishment the USC backs did.

Now, is your OL better than USC's?  I doubt it.

BAHAHAHAHA ...... Hall had 70 yds against PSU and cramped up in the 4th quarter.

Now, is your front 7 better than PSU's?  I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

Check.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

He did cramp up during the PSU game.

Actually, he dislocated 4 fingers in the 1st quarter.