• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching UCF and USF's first game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

After watching UCF and USF's first game, what is your honest prediciton for September 17th?  Keep in mind, UCF has 16 days to prepare.

My guess:

USF: 24

UCF: 20

8)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

30-10 USF

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

It's tough cause USF's strength, their running game could hit a snag if UCF's running defense plays like they did against USC.  Moffett may not be pretty to watch, but he made the majority of his throws.  I did not get to see USF in action.

28-20 UCF

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If we can get 300 yards of offense on PSU's defense, we'll get 400-500 on yours.  The fact that the game will be at home, rather than in front of a 100k hostile crowd, will help.  Both teams will make adjustments to compensate for some problems from week 1, but we'll beat you.

USF  27

UCF  13

Guest FreaKnight-2

USFMikeB,

That could be true about the 400 to 500 yards, PSU is supposed to have one of the nations stingiest defenses.

Andre Hall worries me as he is a big time talent, and your WR athleticism is impressive (hopefully UCF can count on some WR dropsies as they showed @ PSU).  I was surprised that UCF was able to stop the run as effectively as we did against South Carolina, so maybe that will carry on to the USF game as well.  Andre Hall is a LOT better than anything South Carolina had, however, and I think your interior OL is stronger too, so who knows.

I was suprised to see PSU rack up as many rushing yards against you guys, considering that their offense is so one dimensional, and everyone knows it.  That might lead me to believe we can have some success rushing the ball in the game.

It really is tough to get a handle on this game....sure will be fun though.  I think the pressure is actually higher in many ways for USF because you will be favored, but the losing streak is also a big factor for UCF that increases the pressure to win in that game.

It really should be a good game.  One of the things about the rushing yards is that something like half of them came on those 2 breakout plays, kind of like the things that happened to you in the first half against USC.  It will be interesting to see if this is an anomoly, or if we have a problem with our run defense.

Guest UCF Mike

The entire key to the game for UCF is to sustain drives and keep the USF offense off the field.   I don't like UCF's defensive matchups especially f USF gets 70+ plays like USF did against  Penn State.  

If I recall correctly, a lot of our plays came on those two long scoring drives.  Against PSU, that was the only way to do it, little plays for little yards.  It looked to me like that was how we adjusted to their blistering defense.  I'd imagine that our offensive scheme will be different against you guys, which should make the fans calling for our OC's head happy.

Guest UCF Mike

"UCF defensively does not match up well against USF's offense"  

That translates to:

1.  Hall is a stud who makes you tackle him, and

2.  If PJ has time he has proven he can hit his WR's

3.  UCF's pass defense is suspect at best

so in my opinion UCF has to have long drives that results in points to stay in this game.