• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we still have the same receiver coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bucause we have same tendendcis to drop the balll

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I believe that would be former Nole, Lawrence Dawsey who is the receiver's coach. The dropped passes mystify me. I can see one or two "oops" type drops, but this is just not working out.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

It will come along.  Most of the drops were by first year players Cedric Hill and Amari Jackson.  Hill sat out last year and Jackson hasn't played football in 2 years.

The intangibles of the receivers has dramatically improved.  The blocking is much better and their route running is more crisp.

The receive corp will be the bright spot of the team if they can get the ball delivered accurately.  Expecting receivers to catch passes thrown on a rope 2 yards behind them is tough.  There is no excuse for dropping the ones that hit you in the chest though.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I don't know, catching should be the easiest part...all it takes is some focus.

Anyone can catch it, just look it into your hands, and watch your hands stop it and keep it there.

Receivers are there because they can GET OPEN too, and then catch it.  They're doing the athletic part, but not the mental part.  It's hard to coach hands.  What do you say?  Look it in you hands, catch it with your fingers.  Then you throw it at the guy a lot and if he keeps dropping it, he's benched.

Guest S.  Bien

All I want to hear is smazza tell me he's wrong about Peyton.

The coaches clearly benched him as motivation.  That catch in traffic for a first down, the two TD grabs were NFL caliber grabs.

The drops miffed me as well diddy but if you analyze further the drops they were made by Cedric Hill 2X, Amarri Jackson 3X, Marcus Edwards, Hall dropped an easy one.  None of these guys ever played in a college game before, let alone started (Hall not included).  The drops also occurred mostly early in the contest, Hill started holding onto the ball and Hall had a nice grab or two.  By the way, PJ showed some very nice touch on his screen passes to Hall and Ponton.

On the bright side Chambers, Peyton, and Green were all sure handed as can be, although Green did drop one he should have had, but all three made some beautiful, gutsy grabs late in the game.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Size, speed and athleticism defines our receiving corp. Gone are the days of Charlie Jackson type players.

With that said, all that size and athleticism comes with inexperience right now. When these guys learn their roles and start feeling comfortable out there lookout.

What pissed me off the most yesterday, is that PJ ws having a very good day for him, gettig great protection from his OL and we never went deep. We never forced their DBs to make a play downfield.

I think that will come later in the year, but the key is PJ playing like he did yesterday afternoon.

I hate moral victories....but after last year's shutdown on defense and woeful offense there were a lot of things to build on.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sbien peyton commited offensice pass interference

but it was a perfec pass and aperfect great catch

highlight film

let him do that every game

you are suggesting he is a all pro sbien

the offense sucks.no rythym,no plan

we should be throw 5 yards slants and crossing patterns

good morning to sbien

wr droppoing passing must be contagious

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

In a couple of years, we are going to be stacked at WR.  In 2007, we will have seniors- Peyton and Chambers

juniors- Cedric Hill, Carlton Hill, Hester.  Not to mention a few others and we should have a redshirt sophmore QB who was Mr. Florida football runner up.

8)

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

I believe that would be former Nole, Lawrence Dawsey who is the receiver's coach. The dropped passes mystify me. I can see one or two "oops" type drops, but this is just not working out.

Some of the problem seems to be that  Julmist is putting too much on the ball at times.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Let these guys buld their confidence against FAMU.  Playing their first collegiate game infront of 107000 ain't easy.  As they get more comfortable these drops will be catches.  Look at how much Peyton improved from last year, against a VERY tough D.  Another few games and these receivers will hit their stride and then LOOK OUT.

Then next year?  With Amp Hill coming?  We're gonna be very dangerous.