• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Howie quit the board?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Sign him to another 5+ year contract.  He's still young enough to add depth to our board.  He might rub a couple people the wrong way every now and then, but overall he improves the chemistry.

He is also a leadership prescence because he is a longtime veteran.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I agree about the assett.  Howie has been an integral part of this board for a long time and I hope that the personal attacks will soon die down.

Remember....High School is over folks.  Time to stop being children and let people rant if they want to rant.

Free Speech.  It means the freedom to talk to the radio show host any way you want without making threats.

Come back Howie !!!!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Howie wanted a 6 year guaranteed contract, which is on unheard of in the posting world. There is no way Bulliever can keep Howie and still stay under the salary cap. Especially with contracts for MikeG , UEI , BasketBull , Velcro and STK coming up at the end of the semester. There are also rumblings that his moderators now want to get paid now that they figured out what "working pro bono" actually means.

What is really killing Bulliever is BullOnly's longterm contract. That is a lot of dead money in the salary cap for a poster who won't come out the Bullpen's "IR" for another 5 years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Howie wanted a 6 year guaranteed contract, which is on unheard of in the posting world. There is no way Bulliever can keep Howie and still stay under the salary cap. Especially with contracts for MikeG , UEI , BasketBull , Velcro and STK coming up at the end of the semester. There are also rumblings that his moderators now want to get paid now that they figured out what "working pro bono" actually means.

What is really killing Bulliever is BullOnly's longterm contract. That is a lot of dead money in the salary cap for a poster who won't come out the Bullpen's "IR" for another 5 years.

Classic...That about sums it up...The BullOnly situation has really imperiled our options.  We're hoping Howie comes back to the table - but our legal counsel is not sure how to interpret his postings at other sites.  It's really touch and go right now.  I'd rather not comment further other than to say it may take a grass roots "Get Howie Back" campaign...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

official* statement from HowieP

HowieP believes he "soon" will be able to explain himself and tell people why he disappeared (tested positive for steroids.)

"My day will come when I can say what happened. As of right now, I can't say anything. Hopefully soon," Howie said Saturday, a day after the embattled Bullspen slugger returned to the lineup following a phone incident (suspension for violating Major League Baseball's steroid policy.)

"The fans in TheBullspen have been great to me. I thought for the most part it was good," he said. "I heard some boos, but that's understandable. Not everybody's going to cheer for me. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. There's always going to be someone who's not going to understand the situation.

"No one likes to get booed, obviously. No matter where you're playing, I think everyone likes to be accepted and cheered, but that's part of what I'm going through right now. I just want to try to get back to normal as much as I can and the routine of posting Bulls' info every day."

That might be difficult  and Howie realizes that since he'll likely be asked to talk about the situation at the start of every week.

* - by 'official', i mean unofficial, and by 'statement from HowieP', i mean a raffy parody  ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I agree about the assett.  Howie has been an integral part of this board for a long time and I hope that the personal attacks will soon die down.

Remember....High School is over folks.  Time to stop being children and let people rant if they want to rant.

I think Howie had just as much support on that thread as detractors ......... and the supporters were of a higher quality.   ;)

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Get "Howie the Researcher" back, no matter how much it costs.  Increase the student athletic fee!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

We've had some back channel negotiations with Howie, you may have seen - he was online for a few minutes earlier.  

Velcro has agreed to postpone his non-bonus while MikeG has decided working without a contract for another three years wouldn't hurt much.  GarySJ is toying with the idea of a telethon in Palm Beach, Florida to raise funds and BullOnly has been put on a forced hunger strike to involuntarily protest Howie's absence.

HowieP:

madness.jpg

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

This is probably the wrong time bring this up, but I now want hazard pay for moderating the UCF board. Moderating that board is deteriorating my mental health.

Oh and just to let you know Howie and I have hired Drew Rosenhouse to represent our interests. I can only speak for myself but while I am not going to say that I am going to holdout from posting during the first week of the season, I don't know that you can say that you can expect me to be involved in any kind posting activities next week. Clear?

We all just want fair market value b/c we gotta feed our families. Posting is how we make our living...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Do you do everything your agent tells you?  This is supposed to be about a team... team goals, team success... can't you put the team first?

;D