• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the leaders on this team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

From what I can tell - 

Offense: Mayes & Norman seem the most vocal. I’m sure Cronk is the leader in the RB room and Bronson in the WR room

Defense: Hoggins, Livingstone & Nico

Edited by IBulleve

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Brad said:

I'd also be looking to Sr. CB Mazzi Wilkins and Jr. Greg Reaves....we'll see.  Reaves has definitely demonstrated determination and hard work.

On offense, you almost always have to look at the QB.  Hopefully Barnett has that in the Bank.  I imagine Cronkrite is going to have a strong personality along with something to prove on the field.

I can tell you Cronk is a leader on this team just not the vocal type, he is more follow my example.

Although I was told during the last two scrimmages he vocally let the O line know what he thought of there lack of effort and blocking.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

Looks like The Oracle decided to take a crack at it:

Without Flowers, Bulls looking to reload with new leaders

By Brian Hattab, Staff Writer
On August 26, 2018

USF enters the 2018 season with a rather difficult question to answer — how does it replace the best player in program history?

Former USF quarterback Quinton Flowers — now trying to make the Cincinnati Bengals’ 53-man roster — set a total of 42 USF records and finished his career as the top-rushing quarterback in Florida FBS history.

In his three years as a starter at USF, he surpassed the University of Florida’s Tim Tebow (2,947) by 725 rushing yards in 12 fewer games played.

Flowers’ production cannot be replaced by just one man. The Bulls will likely find the answer from multiple positions, not just quarterback. Coach Charlie Strong understands this is just the nature of college football.

Rest of Story

AND....

Hoggins sets himself apart as a new leader on defense

By Sam Newlon, Sports Editor
On August 26, 2018

USF’s defense featured four players last season who are now playing in the NFL. There were clear-cut leaders from each defensive unit.

Deadrin Senat was taken by the Atlanta Falcons in the third round of this year’s NFL Draft. Bruce Hector signed the largest guaranteed contract of all undrafted free agents with the Philadelphia Eagles. The duo commanded the defensive line for USF last year.

Deatrick Nichols was an all-conference cornerback for the Bulls who is now playing with the Arizona Cardinals in the preseason. Defensive end Mike Love is looking to make the final roster for the Buffalo Bills.

And of course there is USF’s all-time leading tackler, Auggie Sanchez. The Bulls’ former linebacker and defensive captain tried out for the New York Giants, but ultimately elected to start coaching as a graduate assistant with former USF coach Willie Taggart at FSU.

This time around, there’s uncertainty for the Bulls about who will step up to lead the defense, but one player has set himself apart from the rest — senior cornerback Ronnie Hoggins.

“One guy we can hang our hat on is Ronnie Hoggins,” defensive coordinator Brian Jean-Mary said. “He’s kinda taken over the leadership role since those guys left, which makes sense because he’s going into his third year as a starter.”

Rest of story