• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your Breakout Footbulls for 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Freshman Devin Leacock and Donovan Jennings. John Waller too. Upperclassmen, Pickney/Kegler will be our Senat/Hector 4 the next few years. I also like Huggins and Jaymon Thomas. Jaymon Thomas period, it seems like he always makes the right moves on the field. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is getting redshirted, but looked great in the spring game

yeah I figured he at least a year away. I just  hope he doesn't slim down to get faster, I want to see 230 go through the line. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

22 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

yeah I figured he at least a year away. I just  hope he doesn't slim down to get faster, I want to see 230 go through the line. 

I Think he will slim down a bit just because of the change and diet and strength training he will get at USF.  Even if he slims down to say 225 he will be more solid than he was coming out of high school.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

I Think he will slim down a bit just because of the change and diet and strength training he will get at USF.  Even if he slims down to say 225 he will be more solid than he was coming out of high school.  

A solid 225 would certainly do the trick. I wanna see him stay away from the 205 range. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

54 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:
1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

A solid 225 would certainly do the trick. I wanna see him stay away from the 205 range. 

Even though he played for WVU rather than USF, I miss watching Owen Schmitt. Wish we had a fullback in that mold.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Khalid McGee

Yes! I don't know why I didn't have him on my list.  He is going to be an absolute nightmare in this 3-3-5.  He will be so difficult to block and he can cover RB out of the backfield.  Even some slot... his speed will be a problem.  We can adjust for bigger teams.... but yeah, he could make a name for himself nationally this year.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Norris is going to play at around 235 or 240 when his time comes.  He was 228 in the spring and looked slim.  At 6'2 with that frame, 240 would be really easy for him to carry.  I think that's the area he'll be in as a senior, but I suspect he'll be 235 before December.  He's only 19 and these are the bulk years... he's going to be a big boy and I don't think he'll see 225 again for some years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Norris is going to play at around 235 or 240 when his time comes.  He was 228 in the spring and looked slim.  At 6'2 with that frame, 240 would be really easy for him to carry.  I think that's the area he'll be in as a senior, but I suspect he'll be 235 before December.  He's only 19 and these are the bulk years... he's going to be a big boy and I don't think he'll see 225 again for some years. 

I was mainly pointing out that he's going to lose some weight before he gains it.  He's from an extremely rural area/small school that probably didn't have the best S&C program.   Because of his size for his position he's going to follow more of a incoming OL type S&C regiment where the coaches break him down and get rid of the bad weight then build him back up.   By this point he's probably starting to put weight back on as coaches have probably dropped a good deal of bad weight off of him and are putting muscle back on.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I was mainly pointing out that he's going to lose some weight before he gains it.  He's from an extremely rural area/small school that probably didn't have the best S&C program.   Because of his size for his position he's going to follow more of a incoming OL type S&C regiment where the coaches break him down and get rid of the bad weight then build him back up.   By this point he's probably starting to put weight back on as coaches have probably dropped a good deal of bad weight off of him and are putting muscle back on.  

Bad weight?  He was never fat and actually gained during he spring.  I understand what you're saying, but he wasn't a guy who had 'bad weight'... he was pretty solid coming out of high school.  I don't think  coaches would try and drop any of his weight, he came in at 220 or 225 and like I said, was really slim for a guy that size.  But it's all good, he's going to be a BEAST!

Edited by Calibull

53 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I actually think when his time comes, he could be something we've never seen before.  I'm really high on this kid! I know spring is a small body of work and high school isn't really worth much... but the kid has good vision inside the tackles and is already starting to run with a lean.  He has a subtle move to the hole and runs north and south.  He has that "it" to me. 

Edited by Calibull