• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches on the HOTSEAT-GOL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

smazza, as it was already, said, i expect ucf and uwcf to have similar records.

Also, a win against USM is very unlikely.  However, a win against a much weaker Marshall team is possible.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't So. Miss lose a bunch of players in the offseason?  I thought I heard something to that effect...

Guest S.  Bien
GOL isnt on any hotseat... Steve Orsini knew the mess they were in when he took over.  UCF will be better than last year... they are bigger stronger and deeper with more experience... How many wins???   I dont have a clue.. my guess is 3 to 6 ... with 4 being likely.  I like everything i am hearing from practice so far... GOL sounds pretty satisfied.. he never did last year... very few injurys so far....

However, I can't remember the last time I've read a negative report about a practice.  Coach K was as positive as they can be on practices.....coaches never speak honestly to the media about practice, particularly when they know the kids will read that crap the next morning.   Sometimes all your reading in the newpaper is your school's press release by the SID.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

However, I can't remember the last time I've read a negative report about a practice.  Coach K was as positive as they can be on practices.....coaches never speak honestly to the media about practice, particularly when they know the kids will read that crap the next morning.   Sometimes all your reading in the newpaper is your school's press release by the SID.

Very good point.

Bottom line.....all 119 Head Coaches LOVE their recruiting classes...and all Coaches are generally impressed with many aspects of fall practice.

KL

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

You can't deny that there is a huge difference in what O'Learys reactions were last year and what they are this year so far.

Last year the goals were "improvement" - this year it's bowl.  

Don't confuse Kruzcek and O'Leary on this one.

Guest S.  Bien

Very good point.

Bottom line.....all 119 Head Coaches LOVE their recruiting classes...and all Coaches are generally impressed with many aspects of fall practice.

KL

I don't know that they're generally impressed with their fall practices as much as they've got little to compare it to since they've been seeing these kids exclusively since the spring.  Also, coaches don't need to berate the team or a player in the media.  It's only negative, and usually turns out bad for the coach.  Usually when I see coaches doing that I find that they're either striving for the reverse effect and to basically confuse their opponent, or they're genuinely trying to motivate players by telling the media he's disappointed- Steve Spurrier is a master at this.

You use to think UF had a bunch of pop warner players on the field when he was coach there.

On an average most coaches just give the media some coded jibberish about what's going on.  They'll talk about a few players who are looking good- serves as a motivator, and cites examples of talent on the team.  Nothing that can be misconstrued by his own team, coaches, or fans, and certainly nothing the opposition can glean information from.

04', I am not confusing.  Last year O'Leary was very clear that this team wasn't expected to do anything.  He was still very positive but he wanted everyone to know that it was relative positives.  This year he sounds like any coach that doesn't want to tip his hat to anyone.  I think he said bowl is a goal, but I wouldn't read to much into that.  GOL in his second year is expected to be able to get a team bowl worthy by his second year coaching a non-BCS team.  If your team doesn't win at least 3 games this year then this guy has lost it.

It's that simple.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

You can't deny that there is a huge difference in what O'Learys reactions were last year and what they are this year so far.

Last year the goals were "improvement" - this year it's bowl.  

Don't confuse Kruzcek and O'Leary on this one.

Actions speak louder then words.

Let's see O'Leary win some games.

KL

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Actions speak louder then words.

Let's see O'Leary win some games.

KL

You'll see some wins this year.  Does that mean next year's goal will be national championship? ;)

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

GOL is an old school coach. If he hasn't turned it around by the end of year three, I think he will quit.

If look at things objectively, the man for better or for worse has spurred UCF to spend money on football. A new indoor practice bubble and the proposed new stadium are partly his doing.... I guess you can say his influence will be greater than wins and losses. However, if GOL is a bust as a coach Orsini will officially be on the hot seat, b/c a new coach will have to come in start yet another rebuilding project with presumably a new stadium to fill. Not an ideal, pressure free situation for a new coach to take over.

Something out of leftfield to consider, I heard recently that Hitt may is looking forward toward retirement. If he leaves at the same time GOL would leave, UCF athletics better hope your next President is as athletics friendly as your current one.

The next 5 years will certainly be interesting....

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Hitt is indeed planning on retiring sometime in the near future.  The rumors are beginning to circulate.