• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF Uniforms

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe we had a 6 page discussion on the uniform/helmet.  We must be really bored!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Dude it's the frickin face mask.  Actually if you see it close up it's rather cool and from the stands it looks real good.

Here's a little secret, the problem was the green was considered but it didn't stand out enough from the gold- you don't see it real well.  The plan was they want the logo to jump off the helmet not blend in.

Black facemasks are fine, in fact, I agree that they look good........the logo being changed to black, on the otherhand, is asinine.

For example: the university of Pittsburgh. They changed their helmet logo this year to the word "PITT" on the helmets. They too, have a darker color that doesnt "LEAP off the page" so to speak. But, they didnt change the color from blue to black.

Just plain laziness, if you ask me.

Woolard had like 6 helmets in his office to decide from in the spring.

Did any of them have the CORRECT gold color?!!!

Cause the "new" one is STILL the wrong gold. It's the old gold.

Unfortunately for the green to work they would have had to change the base helmet color- which was not an option!

Why isnt it an option? Green - no. In fact, HELL no. But let's PLEASE get the correct shade of gold on our helmets.

From the stands, and most cameras you can't discern if the logo and face masks are black or forest green.

That's not the point.

On signs, logos, websites, video games, hats, shirts, banners and ESPN highlights, you can.

As far as the actual jerseys, I like em.

A lot.

Wouldve liked to have seen:

a) an "unveiling" of the new uniforms. Not just kind of "showing up" with them on. It's called marketing. You show up with players modeling the new uni's(home,away,alternates), and have them available for purchase within a day or 2. This isnt hard people.

B) something on the main usf website about them. this IS a big deal.

c) this announced when i WASNT on vacation.  ;)  Damnit. I've been going on and on and on and on about new uniforms on this website and amongst my friends since the MINUTE the new LOGO was announced.

By the way, you should have seen the other alternatives.  I believe there was one where the Iconic U was WHITE!  A good decision was made.

Actually, I wish we COULD have seen the alternatives. I wouldve been VERY interested to see them.

Can you maybe describe them?

To further illustrate my point, look at Andre Hall in the banner on gousfbulls.com. Look at the color of his helmet, compared to the color of the BULLS logo next to his picture.

This argument about the logo not "jumping" out at you can be solved IF the correct shade of gold is used. Notice how the green JUMPS off the background of the correct white and gold?!

usf2005web_topbanner.gif

I dont know who's running the operation down there, but contrary to what they believe, there ARE people paying attention to this program, and spending money to do so. Little details go a LONG......LONG....way.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Wouldve liked to have seen:

a) an "unveiling" of the new uniforms. Not just kind of "showing up" with them on. It's called marketing. You show up with players modeling the new uni's(home,away,alternates), and have them available for purchase within a day or 2. This isnt hard people.

I couldn't agree more.  Our Marketing Department is asleep at the wheel.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

While an official "unveiling" would be nice, it's not like the logo change we had a few years back.  What are you expecting, that this would make the front page of the sports sections?  As much as I would like that to happen, there is still not enough support in this area to garner that kind of attention.  Granted, there could have been an official announcement from the school that maybe could have detailed the changes and included some pictures, but that's all the attention that this is worthy of.  

I am just as big a fan as anyone else on this board, but I've got to agree with some of the others out here that this has been blown WAY, WAY out of proportion.  It's a few small tweaks, and people are ready to crucify the marketing department for not giving us enough in formation about why the changes were made.  As was pointed out in another post, black is on the "shield" logo.  I'll also point out that I've got a great green hat that I purchased at the bookstore last year with a white iconic U, and a black brim.  It is probably my favorite bulls hat.  I bought it specifically because it had the black on it.  I've also got a great Adidas warm up jacket that is black with the green iconic U on the chest.  Embrace the black, it is a great look.

What I really would like to see is a #2 jersey in the bookstore and online.  As of about 10 days ago, the bookstore only had white #3 jerseys for men, and greeen #2 jerseys for women.  And online, we're still looking at #7, #14, and #93 jerseys.  That's where my beef is.  Let's at least get some up to date jerseys in stock.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Did any of them have the CORRECT gold color?!!!

Cause the "new" one is STILL the wrong gold. It's the old gold.

Looking at the banner you posted the "correct" color almost looks closer to the bucs pewter instead of gold. However I would call the gold on the helmet FAR different from our old gold which was more like the yellow in these smileys  :o

I actually like the gold on the helmets though, the're just a bit different then the usual gold helmets with the touch of green tint to them.

As far as having an unveiling for the jerseys, that would probably be more appropriate if there was a significant change but for the most part they are the same. Change in the style of the numbers and replacing the letters on the sleeve with numbers is more like a modification then a change.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

When So. Diss had new uni's, they were promoted. When Papa John'sville had new uni's they were promoted. WHY NOT US??? These are changes to our program, even to the miniscule point. It has to do with PRIDE!!! Team PRIDE!!! People, including myself, are wearing the "old" jerseys to games. We need to have the jerseys available to the public. Other schools do. Why can't we? Until then, I will STILL be sportin' my "old school" game worn jersey! Again, we are behind the times!!!     Reaper

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

This has nothing to do with pride.  What are we proud of the fact that we changed our uniforms?  Please!  Next year when they change the numbers on the sleeve from 2 inches to 2 1/2 inches, should it be trumpeted to the world?  

Keep in perspective that this is an issue of supply and demand as well.

The new jerseys are available to the public.  They are currently on sale at the bookstore.  We have to remember that just because several hundred of us here at the site want these, does not mean that the casual fan will want to drop $50 on a jersey.  As a result, we're going to have a hard time finding them.  The demand just isn't there yet.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

When So. Diss had new uni's, they were promoted. When Papa John'sville had new uni's they were promoted. WHY NOT US??? These are changes to our program, even to the miniscule point. It has to do with PRIDE!!! Team PRIDE!!! People, including myself, are wearing the "old" jerseys to games. We need to have the jerseys available to the public. Other schools do. Why can't we? Until then, I will STILL be sportin' my "old school" game worn jersey! Again, we are behind the times!!!     Reaper

I agree however my point was that we didn't really have a "new" uniform to promote. Those those others were drastically changed uniforms, ours was just a couple of minor tweaks to the jersey.