• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is coming to San Antonio for the Final Four?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Just curious which Bullspenners will have time to grab a drink while you're in town? Hit me up if you're interested - 210-906-0537. I believe Brad and his family will be in town as well. I live across from the Alamo Dome above the Grand Hyatt hotel. All of the festivities are going on at the Grand Hyatt/Convention Center or just next to us at Hemisphere Park (concerts, taproom, etc). We're currently offering our place up for rent for the four days if anyone here or your friends are interested (assuming some of us know some alumnus from Michigan, Villanova, Loyola Chicago, etc). Here is the ad below - however either way, let's grab a beer if you make it to San Antonio (maybe one day we'll have a Loyola Chicago run - God willing):

We're offering our furnished three bedroom, 2.5 bath condo as a four day rental for $10,000 - check in Friday afternoon once your flight arrives - check out Tuesday morning (I can provide transportation to and from the airport). Our condo is children friendly if you're bringing a little one. Our condo is located across from the Alamo Dome on top of the Grand Hyatt and faces downtown San Antonio (best views in all of San Antonio hands down). Our condo exits to the Riverwalk on the first floor just outside of Ruth's Chris steakhouse (best filet mignon in San Antonio). Amenities of the condo include a heated roof top pool and separate hot tub on the 32nd floor overlooking all of the events going on throughout the weekend (everything is being built next to the Grand Hyatt presently in anticipation of this weekend's events). My condo has four flat screen televisions in three of the rooms (and comes with the baseball package and NBA package in case you want to catch some baseball or hoops during your downtime). You will have one parking space available to you in the parking garage, however everything related to the NCAA Final Four is walking distance from where we live. I will make myself available all weekend if you require assistance (staying in a condo on the same floor). You will be listed as guests of mine if you elect to take my family up on our offer. We realize it's a huge event, we just ask that you respect our place and neighbors while using our home as we would do the same for you. Acceptable forms of payment include cashier's check, Zelle, PayPal (needs to clear prior to your stay) or cash. Thanks for your consideration - pictures can be provided upon requests. We are military friendly as we are a military family - currently active duty. Thanks again... and good luck this Saturday night!!

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

I was going to, but we didn't make it :smileys-money-702364:

• Haha 1

I've seen shirts from universities all over... no one sporting USF though (besides me of course). Where's the Bulls love at the Final Four? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

We had a late change when Duke lost to KU, no one expected it.  Since we were not fully committed (apparently) it would have been Bradley and I going alone.  He's a USF/ASU/Duke fan in that order.  Duke losing took the luster off the long trip.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Just curious - what is "military friendly"?  I think I understand what "children friendly" is.

We're willing to take you to the range and shoot some **** up if you were to stay with us... we have a nice little arsenal to utilize for interested parties (more my wife than me). I'd personally rather be playing sports than spending time on a gun range (depending upon what we're shooting). 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

We're willing to take you to the range and shoot some **** up if you were to stay with us... we have a nice little arsenal to utilize for interested parties (more my wife than me). I'd personally rather be playing sports than spending time on a gun range (depending upon what we're shooting). 

So, an Army Doctor, and a former Swabby are “willing to  take”  combat arms troops to the range as part of a 4 day $10,000 lodging package.   Military Friendly! such a deal...LOL

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So, an Army Doctor, and a former Swabby are “willing to  take”  combat arms troops to the range as part of a 4 day $10,000 lodging package.   Military Friendly! such a deal...LOL

Need a range of Pappy's for that $10,000 - and by that I mean full bottles.  I've always wanted to see a championship game but I don't see myself spending that kind of money ever for a sporting event.  Exception would be USF in a championship football game.

• 2 weeks later...

Private school isn't cheap... also have another little one on the way. If you're letting people have unfiltered access to your personal residence that is located in a prime spot with respect to the events taking place, you need to make it worth your time (while also considering the pitfalls that could occur while they're in your place). Companies use dynamic ticket pricing for marque events. This was a marque event. We did have one serious inquiry, however he ended paying just over $6K for his room accommodations for the weekend (we spoke back and forth throughout the week and then the weekend while he and his family were in town). It was worth giving it a go if someone wanted to cough up the dough. Either way, it was a pretty good time that weekend. Watched multiple concerts from the hot tub of our roof deck. Considering I'm not a concert goer, it was a change of pace for me. The fireworks from the roof deck of our building that night were something else. I didn't go to the National Championship game. If USF isn't playing, I honestly don't care about the teams involved. Ride and die with the Green and Gold.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Private school isn't cheap... also have another little one on the way. If you're letting people have unfiltered access to your personal residence that is located in a prime spot with respect to the events taking place, you need to make it worth your time (while also considering the pitfalls that could occur while they're in your place). Companies use dynamic ticket pricing for marque events. This was a marque event. We did have one serious inquiry, however he ended paying just over $6K for his room accommodations for the weekend (we spoke back and forth throughout the week and then the weekend while he and his family were in town). It was worth giving it a go if someone wanted to cough up the dough. Either way, it was a pretty good time that weekend. Watched multiple concerts from the hot tub of our roof deck. Considering I'm not a concert goer, it was a change of pace for me. The fireworks from the roof deck of our building that night were something else. I didn't go to the National Championship game. If USF isn't playing, I honestly don't care about the teams involved. Ride and die with the Green and Gold.

Congrats on the 2nd one on his/her way.  Hope all goes well.

• Upvote 1