• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War on I-4 game time decision?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

Does anyone know whats a good play to stay at ? I'm looking for lodging ? Places to hang out etc

Do you want to stay near campus?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

doesn't have to be quite next door but I would like  to stay around an area theres stuff to do bars, lounges, I don't want to hang around too young of a crowd prefer mid 20s to 30s crowd.

39 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Do you want to stay near campus?

There are several hotels around the University Blvd and Alafaya Trail area.  There's a Courtyard, Residence Inn, Townplace Suites, and a DoubleTree all in that area.  As far as lounges/bars, there's a Bar Louie on the NW corner of Alafaya and University.  Knight Library on University just east of Rouse Rd is a popular night club.  There are lots of restaurants nearby also.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm looking forward to being there again. Stadium wasn't too bad, just feels a little high-schoolish.

32 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

I don't really see a reason to stay near UCF.  It's no more of a college town than USF is so your not going to be taking in any pageantry while eating apps at Applebee's or Olive Garden.  I do think it's easier to find large concentrations of spots than what I saw when I stayed at USF (Embassy) and ventured for a drive on all four sides of your campus.  But 99% chains. 

Im partial to Downtown Orlando and am happy to offer more insights on that if you'd like.   It's a very short drive to campus if you have Sunpass - literally door to door to campus on the 408 in about 15 mins.   And leaving campus onto 408 can be as quick as getting back to your hotel in local traffic after the game. 

It's not a, "college town",  but the bars around there do have a lot of college kids go, especially Knight Library.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UCFKnight04 said:

I don't really see a reason to stay near UCF.  It's no more of a college town than USF is so your not going to be taking in any pageantry while eating apps at Applebee's or Olive Garden.  I do think it's easier to find large concentrations of spots than what I saw when I stayed at USF (Embassy) and ventured for a drive on all four sides of your campus.  But 99% chains. 

Im partial to Downtown Orlando and am happy to offer more insights on that if you'd like.   It's a very short drive to campus if you have Sunpass - literally door to door to campus on the 408 in about 15 mins.   And leaving campus onto 408 can be as quick as getting back to your hotel in local traffic after the game. 

Yeah I’d like your input please

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's not a, "college town",  but the bars around there do have a lot of college kids go, especially Knight Library.

But why would a USF fan care about staying near bars that cater to those college kids ... ? Like 04 said, there's tons of places to stay away from there but convenient to get to ...

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But why would a USF fan care about staying near bars that cater to those college kids ... ? Like 04 said, there's tons of places to stay away from there but convenient to get to ...

I don't know, you'd have to ask NYCBull.

I’ve said I don’t want to be in college bars or any place that’s has 25cent pitchers or let teenagers in .. want to be where mid 20s and 30s hang out.. that’s why I’m trying to figure out where to stay. Is it worth staying near the stadium or am I better off near church st 

Edited by NYCbull

8 hours ago, NYCbull said:

I’ve said I don’t want to be in college bars or any place that’s has 25cent pitchers or let teenagers in .. want to be where mid 20s and 30s hang out.. that’s why I’m trying to figure out where to stay. Is it worth staying near the stadium or am I better off near church st 

Sorry, I misread.  Then you don't want to be near the campus.  As stated before, downtown would be better.  There's Church Street and the Lake Eola area

• Upvote 1