• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AP Poll Ranking - Week 9

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

USF #17

UCF #18

Memphis #24

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

We also dropped to 14 in the Coaches Poll. UCF is 17.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

That’s more than fair, I would have UCF at 17th and us at 18 but it I’ll take it. I’m sorry for being negative. I appreciate what coach strong has done for our defense but overall I just don’t think he’s a good coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, RSSMOOTH said:

That’s more than fair, I would have UCF at 17th and us at 18 but it I’ll take it. I’m sorry for being negative. I appreciate what coach strong has done for our defense but overall I just don’t think he’s a good coach. 

What exactly has he done? Playing a bunch of guys that have a year under there belts. Hell woodie's defense would've been better. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, RSSMOOTH said:

I remember before the season started, Strong said something along the lines of....our offense scored too quickly in 2016, not giving the defense rest, and that more prolonged drives were needed. I wonder if Gilbert's conservative play calling is at Strong's direction. 

Guest PCBull14
Just now, USFBulls727 said:

I remember before the season started, Strong said something along the lines of....our offense scored too quickly in 2016, not giving the defense rest, and that more prolonged drives were needed. I wonder if Gilbert's conservative play calling is at Strong's direction. 

And our defense still gives up head scratching big plays. This is the Gilbert offense we are seven games into the season. Its not changing. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Everything is at Strong's direction. Or at least, acquiescence. He's the head coach.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  849

6 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

What exactly has he done? Playing a bunch of guys that have a year under there belts. Hell woodie's defense would've been better. 

Lol, I hope you’re being sarcastic. The defensive has definitely been improved but despite what the offensive statistics say, I would categorize us as an average offense. We’ve padded our stats in bunches against weak competition. We have no intermediate throws in the offense. We either throw low percentage deep shots or really short passes. Our running relies on breaking a big run up the middle every once in a while and Q scrambling for his life to pick up chunks of yards. With that being said, I still think we beat UCF head to head 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.  The team fell asleep at the end of the game and let a cupcake team compete.

Edited by a_talking_face