• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Bakers Ap Rankings this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

WHY do any of you care and continue reading anything this assclown writes?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

The positive is we are ranked in top 15 and top 20 and control our destiny for New Years Six Bowl.   Let the hacks and their opinions get zero clicks. 

Do I think we can beat teams ahead of us?  Absolutely.  I would have loved to smack around Wisconsin and Michigan State this year.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

12 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

The positive is we are ranked in top 15 and top 20 and control our destiny for New Years Six Bowl.   Let the hacks and their opinions get zero clicks. 

Do I think we can beat teams ahead of us?  Absolutely.  I would have loved to smack around Wisconsin and Michigan State this year.  

IMO, That's not yet a sure thing.

Our destiny in the end depends on our final CFP ranking.

Remember, we play one less game than the MWC champion.

It's not a "guaranty" that the MWC champion having one loss, but also one more win than USF, would be behind us in their ranking.

Thankfully, there is only one MWC team with only one loss and that is SDSU.

If SDSU loses one more game and USF is undefeated, at that point we will be in control of our own destiny.

If, however, SDSU does not lose any more games, it is still possible for the CFP to rank them ahead of USF in their final poll. Of course, that's even more possible,  if Stanford and Arizona State keep winning.

Much depends on where UCF is ranked when we play them and who we play in the AAC championship game.

At this point, it looks like we have the inside track over a one loss MWC team for the Peach Bowl, but that isn't yet a certainy. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194

11 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

IMO, That's not yet a sure thing.

Our destiny in the end depends on our final CFP ranking.

Remember, we play one less game than the MWC champion.

It's not a "guaranty" that the MWC champion having one loss, but also one more win than USF, would be behind us in their ranking.

Thankfully, there is only one MWC team with only one loss and that is SDSU.

If SDSU loses one more game and USF is undefeated, at that point we will be in control of our own destiny.

If, however, SDSU does not lose any more games, it is still possible for the CFP to rank them ahead of USF in their final poll. Of course, that's even more possible,  if Stanford and Arizona State keep winning.

Much depends on where UCF is ranked when we play them and who we play in the AAC championship game.

At this point, it looks like we have the inside track over a one loss MWC team for the Peach Bowl, but that isn't yet a certainy. 

No chance absolutely zero they get ranked ahead if we finish undefeated

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

1 minute ago, NYCbull said:

I agree. We will likely be facing ranked teams the last week of the season and in the CCG. Plus undefeated. No way they put a 1 loss SDSU ahead.

30 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

When it comes to a committee voting anything is possible.

However our schedule is so bad at this point and wins in our next two games won't make it much better, considering that Tulane and Houston lost yesterday.

Since we will have to beat a ranked UCF, that will certainly help our cause greatly. Then it depends on who we beat in the AAC championship.

SDSU could play Boise again in the MWC game and redeem themselves to some extent.

I don't think it's likely they would then jump over us, but I wouldn't say there is no chance.

The reason why I brought this up was because I have been looking at the Massey composite. So far, there are only 29 computer systems reporting. There will be over 60 more reporting during the week. At the moment, SDSU is #23 and USF #24.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

However our schedule is so bad at this point and wins in our next two games won't make it much better, considering that Tulane and Houston lost yesterday.

Since we will have to beat a ranked UCF, that will certainly help our cause greatly. Then it depends on who we beat in the AAC championship.

SDSU could playt Boise again in the MWC game and redeem themselves to some extent.

I don't think it's likely they would then jump over us, but I wouldn't say there is no chance.

The reason why I brought this up was because I have been looking at the Massey composite. So far, there are only 29 computer systems reporting. There will be over 60 more reporting during the week. At the moment, SDSU is #23 and USF #24.

I think the fact that the AAC has had 3 teams ranked the past couple weeks and Memphis is ranked over SDSU with both having 1 loss speaks to how the AAC will be perceived in comparison to the MWC by the committee. I can't envision a scenario where an undefeated AAC champion doesn't get the invite. At this point we are 13/16 in the polls and SDSU is unranked. They won't have any ranked opponents going forward and we will likely have 2.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Imma go out onna limb here and GUARANTEE the NY6 bowl if ... if we win out.

Will refund you the 15 seconds you spent reading this if necessary.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

SDSU could play Boise again in the MWC game and redeem themselves to some extent.

I'm with you on this one, Mama. I'll still feel a little better with a 2 loss SDSU team considering they are hovering just outside the AP top 25. Their Stanford and ASU wins aren't looking as bad yet as some had hoped. Plus it may even give us a glimmer of hope it we trip up somewhere, as long as it's not against UCF or the ccg.

28 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

I think the fact that the AAC has had 3 teams ranked the past couple weeks and Memphis is ranked over SDSU with both having 1 loss speaks to how the AAC will be perceived in comparison to the MWC by the committee. I can't envision a scenario where an undefeated AAC champion doesn't get the invite. At this point we are 13/16 in the polls and SDSU is unranked. They won't have any ranked opponents going forward and we will likely have 2.

#25 Memphis and #26 SDSU are just about equal in the AP Poll, with just six points separating them.

SDSU could be ranked this coming week with a home win over Fresno State and are an 11 point favorite.

Meanwhile, Memphis plays a@Houston and is a 3 point underdog. If Memphis loses they won't be ranked.

UCF is a 7 point favorite  @Navy. If they lose they might fall completely out of the rankings and there is no guaranty that Navy gets back in.

USF is an 11 point favorite @Tulane. We can't afford to lose.

So, many things can still happen even before the first CFP Poll is released at the end of October.

I'm still bothered by the fact that the CFP left USF out of ALL their polls last year when we were ranked in the other polls.

Edited by Mama_Bull