• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adonis Boone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Unless it was a systemic thing at UL with the entire athletic department involved, I don't see sanctions for the football program. Regardless, I think this changes how much access college athletics programs give to apparel providers in the future. Feel like we may just be scratching the surface here...

Apparel was involved, ADs, coaches, so I think there is more to it. I'm just not sure if they can fit all the pieces together and make a water tight case out of it. 

Also, even if they could I don't believe the case would go any further. If it gets too much bigger the ranking and TV sponsors could be called into question, and I don't think they want that

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Apparel was involved, ADs, coaches, so I think there is more to it. I'm just not sure if they can fit all the pieces together and make a water tight case out of it. 

Also, even if they could I don't believe the case would go any further. If it gets too much bigger the ranking and TV sponsors could be called into question, and I don't think they want that

I think having the FBI will change all of that...if you guys remember the FBI and justice department had a hand in dismantling the FIFA corruption ring. They will def go after the NCAA and private businesses if there's a reason to. Would love to see NCAA get a dose of their own medicine here. 

As for UL, think this puts them back a while for basketball - they had two top 100 recruits decommit literally an hour after Pitino was placed on leave. Other programs are smelling blood in the water. Maybe us? Not saying we'll see direct benefits in recruiting, but the ripple effect might be good for us. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

I think having the FBI will change all of that...if you guys remember the FBI and justice department had a hand in dismantling the FIFA corruption ring. They will def go after the NCAA and private businesses if there's a reason to. Would love to see NCAA get a dose of their own medicine here. 

As for UL, think this puts them back a while for basketball - they had two top 100 recruits decommit literally an hour after Pitino was placed on leave. Other programs are smelling blood in the water. Maybe us? Not saying we'll see direct benefits in recruiting, but the ripple effect might be good for us. 

I do think we could get a bump off that ripple effect. I do wonder how deep this rabbit hole goes though. UL getting knocked down a peg or two could set off another round of conference realignment. If they get the boot does the ACC go after Uconn?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Please...No one is getting the boot from the ACC. Their basketball program will get slammed by sanctions and life will go on. 

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please...No one is getting the boot from the ACC. Their basketball program will get slammed by sanctions and life will go on. 

Always crushing dream with your so called "reality"

27 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Always crushing dream with your so called "reality"

It is what I do...knowing how multi million dollar organizations operate is actually pretty simple. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It is what I do...knowing how multi million dollar organizations operate is actually pretty simple. 

This case is not that simple, with the FBI in control.

There is much speculation that what has come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg. The FEDS will get guys to flip in order to get lighter sentences and this might very well extend to football and more schools and coaches. It's difficult to know where this will all end.

39 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

This case is not that simple, with the FBI in control.

There is much speculation that what has come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg. The FEDS will get guys to flip in order to get lighter sentences and this might very well extend to football and more schools and coaches. It's difficult to know where this will all end.

But in 10 years from now Ville will still be balling in the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But in 10 years from now Ville will still be balling in the AAC. 

If they will be in the AAC then, where will we be?

3 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

If they will be in the AAC then, where will we be?

Meant to say ACC. Anyone thinking this is our ticket to the ACC is  kidding themselves, that opportunity is much more political/complex than this investigation.