• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Leavitt qualified for the Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no

he was barely qualifed for cusa

we would have plenty of coaches that accomplished more than leavitt that would line up for his salary to coach at usf

butch davis would be an excellent choice

the love affair with leavitt perplexes me

one cannot even mention stoops and leavit in same breath with a straight face

after another disaster this year i would be surprised if leavitt is around next year

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

jim did a fantastic job building up the program, but once ur in a bcs conference, its a different story.. if leavitt fails to get the bulls into a bowl the next 3 yrs, what would u guys think of brining in butch davis (a coach proven to win with a florida school in the big east, reviving a UM program from probation, an amazing recruiter who plucked portis out of the heart of gainesville, and the reason why coker won a title in 2001)?

Dude are you insane?  Do you have any idea of the responses you will get from that question on this board?  People will get angry and TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO SHOW THAT THEY ARE MAD AS HELL!!!!  THEY WILL ALSO ADD MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS TO PROVE THEIR POINT!!!!!!!

Then they will whine about how Leavitt had to coach from a porta-potty, feed his players the scraps from the cafeteria garbage cans, and practice on fields sown with crap grass littered with cow crap.

And how dare you insult the hometown boy done good?  Who cares if he has not acheived any championships.  He is a Saint Petersburg hometown boy; that is good enough for us.  He just loves the Tampa Bay area so much that he would never armwrestle a salary raise from USF by interviewing for jobs at Indiana and Alabama.  No, not good ole hometown boy Jim Leavitt.

Seriously dude, are you a troll?  What kind of flamewar did you intend to start?  ;)

OK for the thin-skinned and thick skulled, the previous paragraphs were a form of sarcasm, so don't get your jockstraps in a bind.

Heck I like Jim Leavitt.  I hope he turns the team around from last years debacle.  However, nice guys finish last, and being in last place sucks.  Honestly he is the typical USF type of sports coach.  Just good enough and real cheap salary-wise.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Guest S.  Bien

Hey look boys we've got another qualified applicant in hightechbull.  Add him to the list of qualified applicants to take over for Leavitt.

He knows so much about football I feel real comfortable with his opinions of Leavitt.  I mean, hey we all rely on hightech for football insight and understanding.  If he says Leavitt should go, well that's gospel to me.

Yeah, chalk his last post with a long line of.....I promised bulliever I would refrain from critizing so harshly.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

It's amaziing how we have one bad year and people act like "if we don't turn it around and....."

Turn what around?  This is a new program.  It hasn't been anywhere.  If you turn it around, it won't exist.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we are no longer a new program

we have had more thaN one bad year

this program has regressed since 2001?

why hasn't it progressed since 2001?

Guest S.  Bien

This post alone is so ignorant you deserve to be B**CH SLAPPED for even posting it.  Maybe smazza did go to jail and this is some assistant that's having fun with us all.

This post is so beyond ludicrous it doesn't even make sense.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

If you're under ten years old....you are a new program.

What constitutes 'bad'...a losing season. Well, we've had a grand total of two - count 'em - two in the long and stellar history of the program.  That would be year number one and last year...oops, scratch that long and stellar remark.

Regressed since 2001? That year we were 8-3 and the next we were 9-2. The two years prior to '01 we were 7-4 against a hodge-podge of IAA schools and a sampling of IA schools. Exactly what is your measuring device for 'regression'. Does beating the crap out of a IAA  school and losing to a IA school by a narrow margin serve as a baromter of success...or is a loss, a loss, and there are no considerations.

What sort of screwhead actually thinks that USF was ever , or is now , some sort of world beater? I think all those IAA victories skewed someone's perception of just how good USF really is. WE were a reasonable IAA team, but just haven't set the world on fire in the eight short years this program has been around. Eight years...that's it.   My hound dog and the majority of my clothes have been around longer than USF has had football.

Steve...you gotta re-thing this trolling busines. ;)

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Laying the ground work for the "Told-you-so" mentality.

Have a little faith, CJL can work it.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

no

he was barely qualifed for cusa

we would have plenty of coaches that accomplished more than leavitt that would line up for his salary to coach at usf

butch davis would be an excellent choice

the love affair with leavitt perplexes me

one cannot even mention stoops and leavit in same breath with a straight face

after another disaster this year i would be surprised if leavitt is around next year

I hate this time of year....b/c good stupid posts like this get posted.

Perhaps if supporters and fans would of stepped up along with the University, we would have had the football facility built in 2000 and it would have allowed Leavitt recruit some halfway decent QB prospects. USF recruited very well for a DI-AA team....which wasn't that long ago....but when we made the transition it was hard to get program guys with the type of facilities  we had to offer.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

If you're under ten years old....you are a new program.

What constitutes 'bad'...a losing season. Well, we've had a grand total of two - count 'em - two in the long and stellar history of the program.  That would be year number one and last year...oops, scratch that long and stellar remark.

Regressed since 2001? That year we were 8-3 and the next we were 9-2. The two years prior to '01 we were 7-4 against a hodge-podge of IAA schools and a sampling of IA schools. Exactly what is your measuring device for 'regression'. Does beating the crap out of a IAA  school and losing to a IA school by a narrow margin serve as a baromter of success...or is a loss, a loss, and there are no considerations.

What sort of screwhead actually thinks that USF was ever , or is now , some sort of world beater? I think all those IAA victories skewed someone's perception of just how good USF really is. WE were a reasonable IAA team, but just haven't set the world on fire in the eight short years this program has been around. Eight years...that's it.   My hound dog and the majority of my clothes have been around longer than USF has had football.

Steve...you gotta re-thing this trolling busines. ;)

He has no clue about so why bother.....