• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: bulls get transfer??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

This is an interesting transfer.  After watching the last two years, I don't think we can possibly have enough QBs.  You never know who is going to get injured or transfer.  My guess is Gregory will become a decent back up at either the QB or SS position.  Hopefully, he will make his contribution on special teams and by setting a good example off the field.  I will feel comfortable with whoever wins the starting QB position because of the competition.  If Gregory does emerge, then he will certainly deserve it.  My only concern is that we may be wasting a scholarship on a coach's son.  Only Gregory has the power to dispel that notion.

8)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

What does it say about the kid if he can't get playing time at Indiana- a perennial loser in the Big Ten.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

That was not my quote, but from an article I posted in another thread.  

I know, I was making a point about the quote, not the delivery man...

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

What does it say about the kid if he can't get playing time at Indiana- a perennial loser in the Big Ten.  

He was a freshman. Jeez.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You guys do realize that recruits and players read these boards, right?  Way to make a new Bull feel welcome!

USFFan

If a recruit or player takes these boards into any type of consideration before making a huge decision like this then I don't want them.

Let's see, Louis Gachette is bigger stronger, faster and played QB in HS in highly competetive FL.  He's now a backup safety.  He never even sniffed the field when all we had were Banks and Julmiste.  We now have FOUR potential stud QB's (Grothe, Hill, Denson, Carter).  Do you think Gregory really believes he's going to come in here and play QB after sitting out a year?  Do you really think he would be comi9ng here if his fathere weren't coaching here?  Wake up.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

If a recruit or player takes these boards into any type of consideration before making a huge decision like this then I don't want them.

Let's see, Louis Gachette is bigger stronger, faster and played QB in HS in highly competetive FL.  He's now a backup safety.  He never even sniffed the field when all we had were Banks and Julmiste.  We now have FOUR potential stud QB's (Grothe, Hill, Denson, Carter).  Do you think Gregory really believes he's going to come in here and play QB after sitting out a year?  Do you really think he would be comi9ng here if his fathere weren't coaching here?  Wake up.

It's got nothing to do with whether he's a recruit - he's a Bull who hasn't even stepped on the field and your first line is that he'll never even see the field.  Gachette made his decision based on what he did on the field, not whether the fans felt that he was worthy.  I presume Gregory will do the same, and I as a Bulls fan wish him luck instead of insulting him before he so much as shows up on campus.  Grow up.

USFFan

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

think it was embarrassing to get burnt by the Pitt TE last year

Agreed- but a lot of teams got burned by Pitt's TE last year.  Just ask ND.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

It's got nothing to do with whether he's a recruit - he's a Bull who hasn't even stepped on the field and your first line is that he'll never even see the field.  Gachette made his decision based on what he did on the field, not whether the fans felt that he was worthy.  I presume Gregory will do the same, and I as a Bulls fan wish him luck instead of insulting him before he so much as shows up on campus.  Grow up.

USFFan

Where did I say he'd never see the field?  The fact is he's not very fast and not very big.  That does not bode well for him seeing much playing time.  Hence, he'll be spending a lot of time on the bench possibly learning the coaching aspect.  To be blunt if you ask me we're not even having this conversation if Coach Gregory hadn't come here.

Gachette based his decision on what he did on the field?  He didn't step on the field for one play last year.   He couldn't beat out the two below average QBs ahead of him so how could he base a decision on what he did on the field?  Somehow I don't think it was his decision to move to safety anyway.  I'd be willing to bet that was where CJL TOLD him he was going.  And you missed the point.  The point was that Gachette has better tools and couldn't make it, why would Gregory be naive enough to think he will with even stiffer competition.  

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

USF ADDS QB, LOSES CB: Indiana quarterback Grant Gregory will transfer to USF, while incoming freshman cornerback R.J. Anderson, of Armwood, will not attend USF after signing with the Texas Rangers.

Gregory, the son of new tight ends coach Greg Gregory, decided to leave IU when the Hoosiers underwent a coaching change. Gregory must sit out the 2005 season and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

``Grant knows he'll spend a full year as the scout-team quarterback and if he doesn't come out as the No. 1 or 2 QB after that, he'll probably move to defense,'' said Greg Gregory, whose son will be on scholarship. ``He wouldn't transfer here if he didn't think he could compete at this level.''

Anderson, an all-state outfielder and two-time all-state cornerback, was one of five defensive backs signed by USF but opted for a professional baseball contract.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBNMBKVLAE.html