• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SPT: Asst. AD for Marketing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

For years people have been complaining about this board about the lack of marketing at USF. So the school hires a marketing director, and without missing a beat everyone's already complaining about WHO they hired to do it. Sheesh.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bullman33

1. There are plenty of people with marketing degrees from usf that would be qualified.  

2. This guys track record shows he works for a job for 2-3 years and then leaves for something else.  How much can you actually achieve in 2 years.  First year is a transition and analysis of the needs and the development of a plan, then the next year job hunting?  It is just like that guy we hired a few years back with the super bowl experience.  He was here for 1-2 years before taking another job.

3. I thought espn regional did our marketing.

I hope this is a great hire, I am sure he will prove himself over the coarse of time, hopefully he is in this for the long haul and does some great things for usf, we all know we could use the help.  

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

To those who disapprove of the hire:

Do you know of anyone with better qualifications who applied for this job? Then how can you say it was the GOB network? Woolard was brought in to achieve goals for USF, and if the best way to do that happens to be by hiring somebody who did not sit in USF's classrooms, so what, as long as they closely meet the goals and standards of the position.

Truthfully, the real GOB network would be to hire some mishmash who can't do the job, strictly because their degree says USF at the top.

One thing I would definately like to see is more communication between marketing and fan entities such as USFBullsEye. It is well-documented how people inside the athletic department have turned a cold shoulder to new ideas and input from anyone on the outside. Hopefully this will change as we move forward.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

One thing I would definately like to see is more communication between marketing and fan entities such as USFBullsEye.

Or us even.... ::)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

This guy will replace Veit in no time.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Greg... the problem is (and I'll call Woolard out on this one), the fans in St. Louis don't say Billikens after the pro teams... I was just in St. Louis during the NFL playoffs... after the pro teams, they say Tigers, not Billikens... sad but true. You have to ask about the Billikens in St. Louis to get a response about them... why does this obscurity sound familiar in Tampa? Personally... I'm sticking to my guns and saying they missed the boat on this one.

When we play UF in football, we'll see it in your writing in my opinion if you're still our beat writer. I do like your writing and you being a constant streaming source of USF athletic news... but 2008 will be here soon enough and then what will happen? Your loyalty to UF will win out.... I think you should've been more forward with Woolard with this hire and call it as it is... will he cut you off on information? I guess you have to watch those bridges when you get there.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

For years people have been complaining about this board about the lack of marketing at USF. So the school hires a marketing director, and without missing a beat everyone's already complaining about WHO they hired to do it. Sheesh.

Woolard waited too long to announce this hire. Should have announced it the same day or the day after the new OC announcement. People can only ***** so much and they would have still been worn out ...

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

People can only ***** so much, and they would have still been worn out

TripleB my friend, believe me, there is NO limit to how much people can *****. If I can just work out a way to convert it into a clean energy source, I will RULE THE WORLD. :)

Greg... When we play UF in football, we'll see it in your writing in my opinion if you're still our beat writer. I do like your writing and you being a constant streaming source of USF athletic news... but 2008 will be here soon enough and then what will happen? Your loyalty to UF will win out....

We're also exploring the use of irony as a possible secondary power source.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

That's it....let's fire the guy.

Based on this philosophy, the only person we could hire for positions of leadership at USF would be alumni. So let's fire Genshaft, Woolard and get rid of Selmon b/c if we ever play Oklahoma again I'm sure we will lose again b/c LRS's loyalties will be biased.

Good grief.....we just hired the guy....let's give him a **** chance.

BTW.....I am positive that if there was a qualified USF grad and that person was interested inthe position that they would have been seriously considered. I doubt Woolard went into the process thinking that he would NOT consider a USF grad.

::)

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

Kosha Irby is great hire he has experience, he knows the college landscape, and is a person/position that USF has needed for quite some time.