• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, UofMemphis said:

this off season involved a redoing the rest rooms on the home side (older 60s side)...they now have new toilets and all the stalls are ADA compatible...plus the bathrooms are heated/air conditioned.

originally the Liberty Bowl had one side a lot higher than the other.

xxxx_masp_memphis_showboats11_1435695582  

the visitor side was expanded and renovated in 1989 so the plumbing is fine on that side of the stadium

Whichever endzone the visiting fans sit was an issue.  They had to reroute us a few sections to get from our seats to the concourse.  This was last year, 2016.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Whichever endzone the visiting fans sit was an issue.  They had to reroute us a few sections to get from our seats to the concourse.  This was last year, 2016.  

as I said...done this off season...you may now poop all comfy and climate controlled.

new video board too (that was there last season, though)

wGF2mG0.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

UofMemphisthanks for sharing insights and updates for the Liberty Bowl.  My question is why, with all the money flowing in, does Memphis not have an OCS?  Is it a matter of cost or available space?  I've never been to the Liberty Bowl, so I won't take a "crap" on it or in it...but am curious as to how much something so old can continue to serve as the site for a legitimate P6 power.  (Ok, I was getting a little carried away with the P6 nonsense).

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

5 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

as I said...done this off season...you may now poop all comfy and climate controlled.

new video board too (that was there last season, though)

wGF2mG0.jpg

As long as our friends live in the area we'll be back in 4 years, or whatever the scheduling works out to. Going to Memphis just for the BBQ Shop is worth the trip.  We brought 8 more people last year that became believers.

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

UofMemphisthanks for sharing insights and updates for the Liberty Bowl.  My question is why, with all the money flowing in, does Memphis not have an OCS?  Is it a matter of cost or available space?  I've never been to the Liberty Bowl, so I won't take a "crap" on it or in it...but am curious as to how much something so old can continue to serve as the site for a legitimate P6 power.  (Ok, I was getting a little carried away with the P6 nonsense).

Neyland Stadium was built in the 20's...isn't FSU's stadium from 1950?

but the reason we don't have an OCS is simple. we have no room (I've been to USFs campus...you have room)

Memphis even purchased the old VA hospital land 1.1 miles from our main campus just for athletic fields...if we ever get an 'OCS' it'll be at our park ave campus so it'll still be off-campus as far as most folks are concerned.

CIahH4a.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis

6 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

No concrete jungle at the RJ,  most parking lots are grass.

$68,000 - $50,000 (paid to city) = $18,000 per game

All seats at the RJ are stadium chairs, and have cup holders.

Slice or dice it anyway you like, but the LB just isn't in the same league as the RJ.

$34 million!  USF spent more than that to renovate the Sun Dome.

who said it was?

as I just told you we don't have a concrete jungle either...we have well cultivated green space coupled with ample parking that even your own fans seemed to enjoy.

per USF's lease you pay 185k (for the whole stadium) plus a 2.50 ticket surcharge to play in an NFL stadium.

we pay 122,000 with a 1 dollar surcharge (for non season tickets) for the Liberty Bowl.

I wouldn't want Memphis playing in a stadium with red seats and a Pirate ship...I like being the primary tenant and being treated as such.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Rather small, did they buy that on eBay?

we didn't buy it...FedEx gave it to us. (thanks Fred Smith!)

you say 'lipstick on a pig' and I say it's not our pig or our lipstick...so whatever.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Ok, so we have some cost comparisons and some additional cost input, so the question remains: 

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Back to the topic.  No, USF is not overcharging for tickets.

Go Bulls!

Just now, Bausfkid said:

Back to the topic.  No, USF is not overcharging for tickets.

Go Bulls!

correct...your prices are where they should be compared to other renters like Memphis (cheaper end) and Temple (more expensive end)