• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I just saw the article about the decline in Season Tickets. That is to be expected because we don't play FSU and frankly the schedule is hot garbage. However it got me to thinking and wondering if USF is just charging too much for their entry level tickets. I decided to compare our prices to the 3 closest teams in similar markets. I looked at the pricing for UM, UCF, and GT. The lowest cost season tickets for each are listed below. 

UM $160 

Georgia Tech- $100

UCF- $99

USF $165

It seems odd to me that USF is charging more than any of these other teams. They are all in large metro areas. UM plays in an NFL Stadium. UCF is in our conference. The deal here compared to the others is not good. 

That $160 at UM gets you tickets for the following games. BCC, Toledo, GT, Cuse, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, and Virginia. 

That $100 at GT gives you tickets to see the following, Tennessee, JSU, Pitt, UNC, Wake, VT, and UGA

That $99 at UCF gives you tickets for the following.... FIU, Memphis, GT, Maine, ECU, Uconn, and USF

At USF it gives you tickets for the following... Stoney Brook, Illinois, Temple, UMASS,  Cincy, Houston, and Tulsa

I understand that the schedule is weak this year and that alone should not cause a drop in ticket costs. However when ACC teams that are in the same geographic situation as ours are charging almost half as much as we are for a much better product that is eye opening. I do think UCF has it right with their ticket prices. $99 is where USF should aim. It just may help put more butts in the seats. I havent even looked at Single game tickets yet, but I am sure the causal fan with a family may not be looking to drop $35 a seat to see us beat up on Stoney Brook or UMass. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Unless I did thit math wrong it only costs $24 per ticket rounding up. That really is not that much at all.

4 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Unless I did thit math wrong it only costs $24 per ticket rounding up. That really is not that much at all.

True but it's less than $15 at UCF and GT.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

IMO, A big factor in getting more fans to the stadium is three non Saturday games.

"Likely pulling down sales this year is an anemic non-conference home slate (Stony Brook, Massachusetts, Illinois), and three non-Saturday home games: Illinois (Friday Sept. 15), Temple (Thursday, Sept. 21) and Tulsa (Thursday, Nov. 16)."

https://t.co/gSUtqJ7mLd

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Does it have to do with not owning our own stadium and needing to charge more because of the fees?

2 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

Does it have to do with not owning our own stadium and needing to charge more because of the fees?

Miami is in the same boat, but that may be the case 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, FarEastBull said:

Of course.

I think USF pays a minimum of $175,000/gm to RayJay and gets very little from parking fees.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

Maybe they should consider running a discount on season tickets at the end of this month to increase sales if they don't increase as expected. A big turnout would be great. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081

My seats in section 118 cost $18.86 per ticket per game...I can't complain at all.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Are we still feeling the effects of the pricing change from 2-3 years ago?  I know it significantly impacted me (for different reasons).  I went from 8 to 0 to 2 tickets.  It is similar to how ASU prices.  I don't have tickets for their games even though I live 15 minutes away because having season tickets with them means I have to donate with each ticket and I don't want to donate to a school not named USF.  I would imagine a lot of Gators and Noles "Bulls Fans" living in Tampa feel the same way about USF.  It's a great way to price if you have significant alumni that want to attend the games - but we don't have that.  This ain't the Pac-12.