• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would it hurt our program if we

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

I think it's disturbing that some on this board don't know the difference between lose and loss...

A UCF loss would be painful, but not much in the grand scheme of things... USF is still in the BCS, and it could help our recruiting because potential recruits could be sold on the "rebuilding" part ... come to USF and be a part of turning us around...

Still, a loss is a loss, especially to a team that could be coming in with the nation's longest losing streak (assuming they can't beat SC either)... and we should be at least 1-1 if not a lucky 2-0...

I would say that if USF somehow loses to UCF, fans shouldn't count on winnning any other games this season... if we do manage a conference win after losing to UCF, it would be a miracle...

That being said... USF will not lose to UCF.

Modified because I should practice what I preach. Thanks Denver!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

A Loss to UCF...shudder...cringe...nausea

I know it would be negative for the program but personally we're talking suicide watch 24/7 for most of the football season for me  :-[ :'(.  Maybe even a straight jacket & rubber room honeymoon suite at the crazy house for a day or two.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

A Loss to UCF...shudder...cringe...nausea

I know it would be negative for the program but personally we're talking suicide watch 24/7 for most of the football season for me  :-[ :'(.  Maybe even a straight jacket & rubber room honeymoon suite at the crazy house for a day or two.

I hate to think what you'd do if we lost to FAMU!  :o

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

I think its distrubing that some on this board don't know the difference between lose and loss...

And that you missed an apostrophe and mispelled disturbing.  Sorry Jim, couldn't resist.  ;)

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I love it when "spell checkers" don't check their own work.

I'm such a bad typist that I could never fault anyone for not checking.

It's a freaking message board not a dissertation.  Who gives an F about grammer.

Iz thank we shold all srtat typin like dis,

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah... typos are bound to happen... and I am not perfect...

But making the same typo twice in a post doesn't reflect well on the ed-u-ma-ca-shun our dear alma mater provided for us...

;-)

Yeah... typos are bound to happen... and I am not perfect...

But making the same typo twice in a post doesn't reflect well on the ed-u-ma-ca-shun our dear alma mater provided for us...

;-)

True.  But not everyone who posts on this board is a graduate of USF.  But I hear ya!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Oh crap, I just realized you where taking shots at me Jim.  Now spelling counts ?  If you would give some money to the board I bet they could add spell check and other good things to assist in our grammer.  Beside, maybe just maybe I left out the "to" infront of lose which would make it OK.  Besides that I have an accounting backround and they praise you for being consistent.  But back to the subject - a "loss" or to lose to UCF would be very bad.  We all still talk about our Pitt win and how many years ago was that ?  If I was told we could only win one game all year I would make it that one.  Not Miami because that would just point out all year how bad we were and how we somehow managed to beat Miami.  I don't remember UCFs schedule but I think they have a tough road to us and probably still won't have a win.  This would be one of the rare circumstances that I feel "any press is better then no press" would be wrong.  It would be all over Orlando,Tampa and ESPN.

That is the kind of thing that would make ESPN and not what you would want to see.

Maybe, but most likely not.  I grew up in New York, attended USF, and then moved from Georgia to Colorado.  I can say with some certainty, that the majority of people (outside Florida) have never heard of UCF or USF.  Especially USF.  If I had a dollar for every time I told someone I went to USF and they responded with "oh, isn't that the place where Dante Culpepper went to school?" my student loans would be paid off.  With the exception of the central Florida area, I don't think this game will even be a blip on the college football radar screen.  IF we lose, we will hear **** from UCF'rs and probably our B.E. friends.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

DaBull and Omni,

It is grammAr, but then again we are digging each other about screwing up our grammar. ;D