• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A RAGING BULL: Chasing The Big Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

The book by former USF BB player Tony "Dizz" Grier will supposedly be released in the Fall.

Some interesting stories and photos on his website:

TonyGrier.jpg

Ever since I was a young boy growing up in Port Chester, New York I’ve always dreamed of being a part of something bigger than the final score of a close basketball game. Growing up there ignited my thirst and desire to perform on the national stage of the college basketball world. Port Chester is a tough working class community that thrives on it's people working hard to be successful in life. So at the tender age of eighteen, I ventured out from my public housing neighborhood on Weber Drive, and the nest that had been my home, to play college basketball and earn my degree. Because others had my dream as well, and were always supportive of me, I was fortified with equal parts courage and confidence. Fortunately, due to a lot of hard work and some good luck I landed in Tampa, Florida and the University of South Florida...

Much to my pleasure, I arrived at a time when the university was about to get aggressive with their efforts in building a big time basketball program. This would be a unique time for USF, and as the years have gone by the program has steadily made its mark on the landscape of college basketball. As a former player, team captain and devoted Bull, it makes me swell with pride as I witness the remarkable growth the program continues to have in such a short time. As I completed my memoirs I started to map out the journey both USF and I had endured over the years and how this coincided with a special time in my life. USF will soon venture into the Big East Conference and the mighty powers of northeastern basketball...

A Raging Bull: Chasing the Big Time, covers my courageous basketball journey from Port Chester, New York to Tampa, Florida, and how it all came together as I became a proud USF Bull and eventually a college graduate. It also chronicles in part the explosive 35 year history of the University of South Florida basketball program and the rapid growth throughout the years. With the help of the University of South Florida, the Tampa Tribune and the St. Petersburg Times, I’m so thrilled that I was able to witness first hand some of the golden years and excitement of USF basketball from its beginnings and now share my story and those wonderful memories with you.  For the many dedicated and loyal supporters in Port Chester and Tampa Bay, USF student athletes, coaches and administrators, supporting public and the many loyal USF fans, A Raging Bull: Chasing the Big Time is dedicated to you…

Sincerely,

Tony "Dizz" Grier

http://www.jlgpropertiesinc.com/pages/446287/index.htm

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Sometimes I think i'm the only one in the world who Hasn't written a book.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

too funny

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Pretty cool.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

who?

Only the second Bull ever to be an NBA draft pick .......

You kids need to learn some USF hoops history .......

http://isis.fastmail.usf.edu/usf-athletics/Sports/mensbskball/2005/media_guide/04-05guide.pdf

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I will give it read when it comes out, should be some interesting "behind the scene" stories.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Fontana Hall looks like it got lost on an episode of That 70's show. Look at the babe on the diving board. Some things about USF have never changed!

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Good stuff. I look forward to seeing the book when it comes out.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I have exchanged emails with Tony Grier and he looks forward to joining us for a chat.  Hopefully, we'll have it scheduled within a few days.